Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

They said he wasn't answering Konnan's tweets and he wouldn't promote the show on his twitter and that giant woman wasn't to happy about all the "beastiality" references. MSL hates her because he booked her on that fed Scott Hall works for and she no showed. Her reputation is horrible throughout wrestling, so Konnan's going for her is seen as fair game.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They said he wasn't answering Konnan's tweets and he wouldn't promote the show on his twitter and that giant woman wasn't to happy about all the "beastiality" references.

Wow,I'm actually surprised at that. I thought Colt was a cool guy, but he obviously takes things far too seriously. Konnan's funnier without even trying.

• Paid Members
They said he wasn't answering Konnan's tweets and he wouldn't promote the show on his twitter and that giant woman wasn't to happy about all the "beastiality" references.

Wow,I'm actually surprised at that. I thought Colt was a cool guy, but he obviously takes things far too seriously. Konnan's funnier without even trying.

Cannot disagree more. Konnan comes across as trying too hard to be edgy in those podcasts, really put me off what should be a really entertaining podcast. We get it Konnan, you don't care what anyone thinks blah blah blah. New Jack does that style of gossiping/shit stirring with more of a natural curve. I'd love me a New Jack podcast actually; he was fantastic on AOW.

I'm a big fan of the MLW podcast, but Konnan comes off really out of it or not comprehending particular things. I know he's usually "in Iran" but there are tangible silences when Court and MSL don't know what to say when he misses the boat on something or something goes over his head. He also cuts off guests and can be a bit full on with people who he doesn't know. It can be funny with friends, but with strangers he's speaking to for the first time, you feel a bit sorry for them when he's being really overbearing with them. They probably don't want to stir shit or bring in names because they want to maintain relationships, whereas Konnan works in Mexico and probably doesn't care. Like I said, I like the nature of the podcast jumping around from subjects and giving out tidbits of stories backstage, but I would enjoy it a lot less if Bauer and MSL weren't there to carry the ball.

I've probably said it before many times, on here that I'm a big fan of Colt. Maybe he doesn't present himself the right way, or is a bit laid back or informal (hence why certain people in WWE don't care for him) but I can't say he comes across as trouble or a nuisance. You can tell his passion for wrestling just listening to him for 5 mins. I can see that he understands that he can't rely on WWE, TNA or even ROH and wants this for the longhaul, and is simply over-protective of his image for longevity. He comes from a marketing background and has done a good job of marketing himself, so I can see him thinking in those terms about maintaining his "brand". This is wrestling, and you're bound to put your foot in it with someone.

Edited by dharmabear

Well, I guess I mean marketing to an audience who buy tickets and merch, and trying new things to bring attention to himself. Compare it to every other independent wrestler out there including those tied to a major company to help promote them, Colt's done an admirable job of getting his name in places that don't usually cover wrestling (something Punk has been doing too with Talking Dead and Nerdist podcast). In terms of longevity, if he can continue these outside ventures rather than kill his body like an El Generico, in a few years time when the landscape has shifted even slightly concerning those in power in these companies, he might have a bit more luck. It's really only 3 companies where those or some of those in power seem to have not gotten him, or have some kind of objection to working with him or his work. Whatever it is, it's a shame for him that it happens to be the 3 biggest in America. I suppose it's all hard to say when we're on the outside looking in, and no one can tell for sure unless Trips decides to open up a UKFF account.

Edited by dharmabear

• Paid Members
New Jack is a liar. He is the epitome of saying things for reaction. All that bullshit about The Dudleys stealing his camouflage gear and what not. He's a bull-shitter. His voice does my head in as well. It made the AOW podcast barely listenable.

A bull-shitter/shit stirrer he is, but a highly entertaining one at that. By comparison, Konna comes across as that one annoying guy at work who wears wacky ties, has 'funny' ringtones set to a loud volume and says "D'oh!" in general conversation.

New Jack is a liar. He is the epitome of saying things for reaction. All that bullshit about The Dudleys stealing his camouflage gear and what not. He's a bull-shitter. His voice does my head in as well. It made the AOW podcast barely listenable.

Agreed. New Jack lost his appeal 13 years ago, but it is inevitable that he will be around the indy circuits and autograph hunters forever. The only good that could come from New Jack in 2013 is some generic bodybuilder beating the crap out of him in the ring, publicly, only to hear him talk about it afterwards.

Besides, I knew he was a liar the first time I ever watched Beyond the Mat, because I saw loads of knuckles, the lying fuck.

The Nerdist are at it again, after doing that great podcast with CM Punk last month they (Chris Hardwick & Matt Mira) have just done a podcast with Chris Jericho:

Link

Really enjoyable hour well spent IMO. A few topics spoken about but most of it is spent discussing old TV shows and their failed spin-offs. Not a lot of wrestling talk on it - bar Jericho discussing the rumour about Lanny Poffo being hung enough to self-felate, and about him being at gun-point whilst wrestling in Mexico....oh, and how he & Disco Inferno spent the whole of a Nitro TV taping day compiling a poll of the roster of whether they think Martin Short is funny or not.

Also some Dinosaur talk involving Slash, whom Jericho texts during the podcast.

Jericho comes off as a really fun easy-going guy on here, which is great as I had soured on him a little in the past few months.

That Jericho one was terrific for old TV trivia talk. The hour flies by, so they really ought to do another. The Punk one is good too, and even though Hardwick was a bit hard on himself for not knowing wrestling, it was refreshing and will hopefully bring some of their fanbase to check out Punk and stick around. I would recommend Nerdist all day long regardless.

EDIT: It seems from Twitter that Konnan & MSL have made up with Colt.

Edited by dharmabear