Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Somewhat agree on the strange addition of Alice Radley to MLW, she hasnt been podcasting for long and judging by her twitter followers she's an absolute unknown. I think they just thought a girl would be an interesting addition and apparently she's going to be back every few weeks.

Regarding Konnan, I understand some not liking him but I wouldn't say he was trying hard, he just is who he is, moments where things go right over his head included. The podcast being focused around him is the chief reason its gotten so entertaining and is as popular as it is, although MSL and Court bring alot to the table too.

Edited by Benno

• 2 weeks later...
If he kept in touch with Dennis Stamp!

Yeah deffo keen to ask about Dennis Stamp. Also want to ask him whether he genuinely thought New Jack could have made it in Hollywood. How different life could be for everyone if he had made it.

• Paid Members

Ask him how long he has known Jesse Ventura, since Jesse referenced him on commentary at WrestleMania IV. Also, ask him any stories about WCW in 94/95, since he was doing stuff with them regarding Beyond The Mat which never came through. I think I read he was there for the Vader/Ordnorff fight.

Another thing, its worth asking him about The Undertaker and whether they were told to keep their distance in regards to filming him out of character.

And ask if he remembers meeting Lister and Kenny McBride.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Latest episode of Interesting People Talking Wrestling up with Barry Blaustein, chatting about a lot of topics including:

Who he still keeps in touch with from the film

His friendship with Jesse Ventura

His first hand account of the legit fight between Vader and Paul Orndorff back in 1995

Why The Undertaker did not feature in Beyond The Mat

Whether New Jack could ever have made it as an actor

His thoughts and memories of Dennis Stamp

How Paul Heyman

The most recent MLW Radio was pretty interesting, Im wondering what all our Nash fans on here think about it? Konnan had some biting things to say about Kevin Nash, but also had some real positives as well so its a real interesting listen if you havent done it already.

*Konnan Voice* Do you know what Im saying?

• Paid Members
The most recent MLW Radio was pretty interesting, Im wondering what all our Nash fans on here think about it? Konnan had some biting things to say about Kevin Nash, but also had some real positives as well so its a real interesting listen if you havent done it already.

*Konnan Voice* Do you know what Im saying?

It was mental. Especially Court venting despite barely knowing Nash, Gary Hart must have told him some stories that he was repeating.

The most interesting was Court implying that whenever Nash is/was mentioned in a booking idea, its shot down by his closest buddy in there (presumably Triple H.)

MSL doing the worst job of defending Nash was hilarious too. It was really interesting, they must have spent at least 45 minutes on him. (edit - it was about twenty but it felt like the Nash show. It was a burial.)

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

He mentioned that Nash pretty much bullied Gary Hart's son.

Whatever Court Bauer says I am always taken back to the first episode of MLW Radio where he makes out as if MLW was on par with ECW or even a Ring of Honor. His credibility gets knocked for six.

Konnan's delusions of grandeur is just as bad. Konnan was stealing a pay day for 2 years in WCW. The bloke was a waste of space who buried the company in interviews and said what he wanted on the microphone. He was as bad as Nash was. Konnan would have been one of the first out of the door if you were making a list of cuts to improve the company.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I like the podcast for the wild stories and the fact that they don't give a fuck; but Konnan really comes off as not having a clue sometimes. Like a simple joke that one of the other two makes, he'll jump on and struggle to make sense of, and you can hear in their voices that they don't want to insinuate he's stupid or something :laugh: It's almost Michael Scott-esque.

Liked this week's podcast as they had stuff to address rather than rambling on or answer random mailbag questions. A part of me thought the Nash feud was to build something for the Hart Legacy Wrestling show where I think they were on opposite sides of two teams.

Also for those who care, Meltzer, who usually answers every question posed to him concerning a rumour or possible news story with 'I doooonnn't know' or 'it could happen', actually had something big to say on the LAW this Sunday, hinting at the Bruno announcement. First time for everything!

Edited by dharmabear