Sign in to follow this  
EdgarTheSlouch

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Everytime a photo like this appears I cannot understand how badly they fucked Roman up. Look at him, probably the most attractive wrestler they have ever had on their books, fantastic ring work, decent promo. The bloke has it all. I fucking WWE.

looks the fucking buisness doesn't he. 

On 7/28/2020 at 9:03 PM, The Cutting Edge said:

Think they did a photoshoot a few years ago of guys with retro belts.

Finn had European, Usos 80s tag team, Charlotte with 2000s woman's etc

So even they acknowledge it used to be better.

On 7/28/2020 at 9:03 PM, The Cutting Edge said:

Think they did a photoshoot a few years ago of guys with retro belts.

Finn had European, Usos 80s tag team, Charlotte with 2000s woman's etc

https://www.wwe.com/gallery/current-superstars-classic-titles-photos#fid-40190948

I think the Winged Eagle belt really suits Finn, too. Even though it's not the original belt as it doesn't have a WWF logo on it.

15_Retro_11202017kb_0103--8fdd5162ae007c

On 7/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, Joe Blog said:

Everytime a photo like this appears I cannot understand how badly they fucked Roman up. Look at him, probably the most attractive wrestler they have ever had on their books, fantastic ring work, decent promo. The bloke has it all. I fucking hate WWE. 

Stuff like this really drives home the reality that if you can have everything on paper but if you can't connect with your audience you're fucked. It happens all the time in music & comedy and I'm sure in theatre too. 

Here's Wilt Chamberlain, Matrix & Andre on the set of Conan The Destroyer 

FB_IMG_1596294175913.thumb.jpg.77fd1da12ecbb974e8cb629f12d8b60f.jpg

17 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Stuff like this really drives home the reality that if you can have everything on paper but if you can't connect with your audience you're fucked. It happens all the time in music & comedy and I'm sure in theatre too. 

Here's Wilt Chamberlain, Matrix & Andre on the set of Conan The Destroyer 

FB_IMG_1596294175913.thumb.jpg.77fd1da12ecbb974e8cb629f12d8b60f.jpg

I think this photo caused a lot of heat at the time (if it was published, I suspect it was in one of the Apter mags) as it gave a realistic idea of Andre's height relative to other professional sports stars. 

39 minutes ago, Roy said:

I think this photo caused a lot of heat at the time (if it was published, I suspect it was in one of the Apter mags) as it gave a realistic idea of Andre's height relative to other professional sports stars. 

That's odd because Wilt Chamberlain was legit over 7ft tall.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I think it's Vince's "nobody else can have something as big / strong / good as me" trope. Yet having someone who makes Arnie look like a pencil-neck is still one hell of a grab. Plus imagining what stupid shit Vince may have imagined if Wilt was interested makes for a fun minute, considering that Hulkamania was literally around the corner from Conan The Destroyer.

11 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

6'2 Mr Universe Arnold looks like a (freakishly muscular) child in comparison, and unlike WWF publicity shots of the time, you can see everyone's feet, proving that they're not artificially inflating Andre's size. 

It's a great shot for showing how legitimately huge Andre was.

11 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

6'2 Mr Universe Arnold looks like a (freakishly muscular) child in comparison

That's the reason I like this photo even more. Arnie's grinning face in the middle being lifted up by Wilt and Andre like they're his parents swinging him by the arms as they walk around the Arndale Centre on a Saturday morning.

andre-the-giant-wilt-chamberlain-arnold-

On 8/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, johnnyboy said:

Vince was having Andre stand on boxes when he interviewed him around this time to exaggerate his size, not that he really needed it to be fair