Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I remember reading Taker went to Japan against Hakushi IIRC

Yeah and it's a pretty fun match, WWF were working with Michinoku Pro for a little hence why we saw Great Sasuke on RAW a couple of times too.

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

hence why we saw Great Sasuke on RAW a couple of times too.

Wasn't he initially planned to get the Taka run as the sole drawing name of the light heavyweight division in late 97 early 98? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Wasn't he initially planned to get the Taka run as the sole drawing name of the light heavyweight division in late 97 early 98? 

Bruce Prichard says that story is BS but you never know what's real with him, he was pretty close to the M-Pro situation though.

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Amazing to think at one point Raw was doing tapings in buildings so small they could barely fit the neon entrance way in it.

EjAAGcNXcAYqfd9?format=jpg

Christ, where is that? I went to soft play areas bigger than that when I was a kid.

Posted

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

I reckon it's this place which is the Fernwood Resort & Country Club in Bushkill Pennsylvania. They did quite a few tapings from here in 1994 looking at the info on Cage Match.  

 

EDIT: It could also be from July 25th 1993 in somewhere called Bonnie Castle in Alexandria in New York

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

 

spacer.png

 

I reckon it's this place which is the Fernwood Resort & Country Club in Bushkill Pennsylvania. They did quite a few tapings from here in 1994 looking at the info on Cage Match.  

EDIT: It could also be from July 25th 1993 in somewhere called Bonnie Castle in Alexandria in New York

The beams across the ceiling look the same, however.....

Unless those are double-wide chairs, that pictures's been stretched to make the venue look bigger than it actually is. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

I reckon it's this place which is the Fernwood Resort & Country Club in Bushkill Pennsylvania. They did quite a few tapings from here in 1994 looking at the info on Cage Match.  

EDIT: It could also be from July 25th 1993 in somewhere called Bonnie Castle in Alexandria in New York

Both wrong ;)

Googled the name, clicked the first image, links to a Twitter video that reveals the actual venue: Fernwood Resort & Country Club, Poughkeepsie, New York.

I personally prefer venues like that than the soulless arenas WWE TV was filmed in every week, pre-Covid.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I hadn't realised how much I want to see the venues when not set up like that. That's so cool.

It is cool, isn't it. My brother went to an NXT House Show in Illinois or Wisconsin last year and sent me some pics. When I googled the venue and saw all the pics of what was essentially a very nice town hall, it blew my mind a bit.

Posted
9 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Both wrong ;)

Googled the name, clicked the first image, links to a Twitter video that reveals the actual venue: Fernwood Resort & Country Club, Poughkeepsie, New York.

I personally prefer venues like that than the soulless arenas WWE TV was filmed in every week, pre-Covid.

If you Google the venue it says Bushkill, so I was right unless Google is actually fucking with me personally

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...