The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

hence why we saw Great Sasuke on RAW a couple of times too.

Wasn't he initially planned to get the Taka run as the sole drawing name of the light heavyweight division in late 97 early 98? 

7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Wasn't he initially planned to get the Taka run as the sole drawing name of the light heavyweight division in late 97 early 98? 

Bruce Prichard says that story is BS but you never know what's real with him, he was pretty close to the M-Pro situation though.

Edited by Merzbow

spacer.png

spacer.png

I reckon it's this place which is the Fernwood Resort & Country Club in Bushkill Pennsylvania. They did quite a few tapings from here in 1994 looking at the info on Cage Match.  

EDIT: It could also be from July 25th 1993 in somewhere called Bonnie Castle in Alexandria in New York

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

spacer.png

I reckon it's this place which is the Fernwood Resort & Country Club in Bushkill Pennsylvania. They did quite a few tapings from here in 1994 looking at the info on Cage Match.  

EDIT: It could also be from July 25th 1993 in somewhere called Bonnie Castle in Alexandria in New York

The beams across the ceiling look the same, however.....

Unless those are double-wide chairs, that pictures's been stretched to make the venue look bigger than it actually is. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

Both wrong ;)

Googled the name, clicked the first image, links to a Twitter video that reveals the actual venue: Fernwood Resort & Country Club, Poughkeepsie, New York.

I personally prefer venues like that than the soulless arenas WWE TV was filmed in every week, pre-Covid.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I hadn't realised how much I want to see the venues when not set up like that. That's so cool.

It is cool, isn't it. My brother went to an NXT House Show in Illinois or Wisconsin last year and sent me some pics. When I googled the venue and saw all the pics of what was essentially a very nice town hall, it blew my mind a bit.

9 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Both wrong ;)

Googled the name, clicked the first image, links to a Twitter video that reveals the actual venue: Fernwood Resort & Country Club, Poughkeepsie, New York.

I personally prefer venues like that than the soulless arenas WWE TV was filmed in every week, pre-Covid.

If you Google the venue it says Bushkill, so I was right unless Google is actually fucking with me personally