The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Didn’t Shawn used to do the piledriver fairly regularly in the early to mid 90s? I’m sure he put a few jobbers down with it back then as well. And, as well as the Undertaker steps spot, there were these in high profile matches;

3EF161E6-4161-4B64-B89C-0E4D2D672C85.gif

D2ACEDFA-1E41-4CE0-A840-DA376B502784.gif

• Paid Members

Looking at the timing of it, I wonder if the Slim Jim's contract with Savage came about as a result of the Slam Jam song. They started having Savage as their spokesman the following year, so it must have been in the works around the same time. The song's obviously only one letter away from their name, but also, their brand colours are red and yellow - the colours Savage is wearing in the video because of the Ultimate Maniacs team.

• Paid Members

Funny you say that, I was watching Survivor Series 92 last night and was thinking that I would have preferred if they had lumped Yokozuna and The Headshrinkers together against High Energy and Virgil rather than two separate matches. I know they were establishing Yoko as a singles guy, but even so. It's Survivor Series. Random teams was kind of the point. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, mim731 said:

Here they are now, all the lads.

IMG_20200828_173950.jpg

One last bit on this. This was for the single Slam Jam, I believe. Very likely, the same week this photo was taken, Jimmy Garvin was having a tryout with WWF which went nowhere (I believe @Snitsky's back acne posted this on the Youtube thread). It's only now that I realise that it's Jimmy Garvin's voice saying "Are you ready for the Survivor Series" at the beginning of the WrestleMania song which was released by WWF. Bizarre that it mentions Survivor Series at the beginning of the song, even more bizarre is that it was Jimmy Garvin saying it.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Roy said:

One last bit on this. This was for the single Slam Jam, I believe. Very likely, the same week this photo was taken, Jimmy Garvin was having a tryout with WWF which went nowhere (I believe @Snitsky's back acne posted this on the Youtube thread). It's only now that I realise that it's Jimmy Garvin's voice saying "Are you ready for the Survivor Series" at the beginning of the WrestleMania song which was released by WWF. Bizarre that it mentions Survivor Series at the beginning of the song, even more bizarre is that it was Jimmy Garvin saying it.

The Terry Garvin line is on the "Wrestlemania" single, not Slam Jam sadly. Doesn't make it any less bizarre though, so you're absolutely right there.

EDIT: After watching the video, it looks likely from the roster they filmed all the bits at the same time around Survivor Series, and given the footage they use it makes sense to be around that time period. 

Edited by mim731