Sheffbag Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 Where's the magic finger??????????? (ask Steph)
Mr. Levity 84 Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 1 hour ago, Sheffbag said: Where's the magic finger??????????? (ask Steph) Shawn Michaels does a lovely piledriver in that video. I can't remember any other times he's done that move, for shame. >_<
Sheffbag Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 2 minutes ago, Mr. Levity 84 said: Shawn Michaels does a lovely piledriver in that video. I can't remember any other times he's done that move, for shame. >_<
Mr. Levity 84 Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 How the fuck did I forget about that one? My bad. Thanks for reminding me.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 Didn’t Shawn used to do the piledriver fairly regularly in the early to mid 90s? I’m sure he put a few jobbers down with it back then as well. And, as well as the Undertaker steps spot, there were these in high profile matches;
Paid Members Chris B Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 Looking at the timing of it, I wonder if the Slim Jim's contract with Savage came about as a result of the Slam Jam song. They started having Savage as their spokesman the following year, so it must have been in the works around the same time. The song's obviously only one letter away from their name, but also, their brand colours are red and yellow - the colours Savage is wearing in the video because of the Ultimate Maniacs team.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 I'm todays years old that I found out (from Richard Land and his old former wrestler owned VHS tapes) that Yokozuna was originally going to be a Headshriker.
Paid Members WeeAl Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 Funny you say that, I was watching Survivor Series 92 last night and was thinking that I would have preferred if they had lumped Yokozuna and The Headshrinkers together against High Energy and Virgil rather than two separate matches. I know they were establishing Yoko as a singles guy, but even so. It's Survivor Series. Random teams was kind of the point.
AshC Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 Yeah, someone (Monsoon?) talks on TV at one point about there being a third, even bigger Headshrinker.
Guest Posted September 2, 2020 Posted September 2, 2020 I know the marks are easy to con with kayfabed nationalities, but a Japanese Headshrinker would just be daft.
Snitsky's back acne Posted September 2, 2020 Posted September 2, 2020 14 hours ago, AshC said: Yeah, someone (Monsoon?) talks on TV at one point about there being a third, even bigger Headshrinker. Yeah I remember that too. I seem to remember it being Monsoon. Have seen clips from Yoko/Kokina's tryout and, damn, he was so agile.
Roy Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 On 8/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, mim731 said: Here they are now, all the lads. One last bit on this. This was for the single Slam Jam, I believe. Very likely, the same week this photo was taken, Jimmy Garvin was having a tryout with WWF which went nowhere (I believe @Snitsky's back acne posted this on the Youtube thread). It's only now that I realise that it's Jimmy Garvin's voice saying "Are you ready for the Survivor Series" at the beginning of the WrestleMania song which was released by WWF. Bizarre that it mentions Survivor Series at the beginning of the song, even more bizarre is that it was Jimmy Garvin saying it.
Paid Members mim731 Posted September 4, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 4, 2020 9 hours ago, Roy said: One last bit on this. This was for the single Slam Jam, I believe. Very likely, the same week this photo was taken, Jimmy Garvin was having a tryout with WWF which went nowhere (I believe @Snitsky's back acne posted this on the Youtube thread). It's only now that I realise that it's Jimmy Garvin's voice saying "Are you ready for the Survivor Series" at the beginning of the WrestleMania song which was released by WWF. Bizarre that it mentions Survivor Series at the beginning of the song, even more bizarre is that it was Jimmy Garvin saying it. The Terry Garvin line is on the "Wrestlemania" single, not Slam Jam sadly. Doesn't make it any less bizarre though, so you're absolutely right there. EDIT: After watching the video, it looks likely from the roster they filmed all the bits at the same time around Survivor Series, and given the footage they use it makes sense to be around that time period.
Guest Posted September 8, 2020 Posted September 8, 2020 I suspect the artist of my dad's jigsaw was a wrestling fan.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.