The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

As part of a ongoing twenty year joke about Bob Holly being my brothers favourite wrestler, we paid to meet him when we went to WM34. Pretty sure he was wearing those trainers too. He proper loved a chat and was a well nice bloke. He was definitely upset he got released from WWE though, having mentioned it about ten times. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

This has got to be one of the best wrestling pictures ever. 

0e17cf5081174334ac58edde67ea81a3.jpg

I say this everytime a photo from this era is posted, but just look at the characters in that photo. 4 distinct characters, 4 distinct body types, 4 distinct looks.  If that sort of angle would be run now, they would all be a similar height, body type, all wear their ring gear with their t-shirt over. 

Basically, everything that drew us to, and made us fall in love with pro-wrestling has been stripped away and made almost unrecognisable.

Heartbreaking... 

3 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I say this everytime a photo from this era is posted, but just look at the characters in that photo. 4 distinct characters, 4 distinct body types, 4 distinct looks.  If that sort of angle would be run now, they would all be a similar height, body type, all wear their ring gear with their t-shirt over. 

Basically, everything that drew us to, and made us fall in love with pro-wrestling has been stripped away and made almost unrecognisable.

Heartbreaking... 

Agreed. 

I started watching in 99/2000 but feel a lot of the same can be said about that time, to be honest. 

Just looking at that picture you know one's a fallen superhero, one's a rowdy Scot, one's a flamboyant showman and one's some sort of zombie funeral director.

All easy to digest within seconds and it I think it would naturally intrigue you even if you aren't a fan. 

3 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Heartbreaking... 

It's why I don't even watch anymore!