The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months  and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum 

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, simonworden said:

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing.

I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

19 hours ago, simonworden said:

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months  and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum 

Yes, I'm almost certain it was taken in mid to late October 1992. Savage and Warrior maybe once, perhaps twice, as the Ultimate Maniacs so there's no reason for them to be wearing the custom gear aside from promotional stuff like this.Bret as you mention would have won the title from Flair at this point. I suspect Davey Boy Smith doesn't have the IC belt in this picture because he has either lost it to Michaels by then, or it was made apparent that he would lose it by the time the photos would be used so was told not to wear it. Undertaker was injured around this time but still doing vignettes. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Statto said:

It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome.

4 hours ago, Statto said:

I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

It would blow my mind if their is a cut of Slam Jam with Ultimate Warrior on it. I've always thought about that when I see this photo. I know they cut out both of Bulldog's "verses" completely from the airing of the music video at one point too and that version is on YouTube. Infact there was no in studio booth scenes of Davey like there was of the other 3 in the original video so I'm assuming they did film Davey but wanted to use minimal Davey footage and maybe scrapped Warrior altogether?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome.

I've always found it fascinating they went with "Maniacs" (as in Hulka-) and put them in red & yellow.

"Ultimate Madness" kind of works but they went down a more obviously Hogan route.