Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Well she looks like a schoolgirl which is kinda weird. 

And now you've made it completely creepy. 

In fairness she's around my age and her Twitter and Instagram is a lot of her telling people to fuck off, I like people who hate people. 

I feel bad for saying anything now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Haha sorry!!!! 

 

You'd love my wife. Always telling me to fuck off! 

Haha, luckily its only my friends telling me to do one on a daily basis.

Back on topic, but it is really cool seeing a complete roster of people who look like individuals and not a carbon copy of each other as you find with a lot of WWE etc gear.

I'm looking to head over to Japan in 2022 as part of an early birthday present for my 30th (I'd love to do my 30th on New Year there but the likelihood of teaching and being back at schools etc means probably missing WrestleKingdom anyway) and its going to be great getting to see just vibrancy to my wrestling.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm looking to head over to Japan in 2022 

Off topic, but this sounds a wonderful plan, and you'll have a great time. Japan is awesome. Although there are many others on this board who will have done multiple trips and will be able to advise about wrestling and general stuff (@JNLister& @air_raid immediately come to mind)  happy to chip in my tuppence on fun places to go in Tokyo from my own trip there. Went to some great bars and restaurants! 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'd really appreciate that, the only person I have to guide me at present is an old friend who lived out there and was very much in the whole Roppongi scene while he was there so it'd be good to definitely get some input from some others, even down to the best time over summer to travel to get the best shows and busiest schedule. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
48 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'd really appreciate that, the only person I have to guide me at present is an old friend who lived out there and was very much in the whole Roppongi scene while he was there so it'd be good to definitely get some input from some others, even down to the best time over summer to travel to get the best shows and busiest schedule. 

The best time is the week where one Sunday is the Fire Festival final and the Sunday after is the G1 final. There are shows all over greater Tokyo all week and if it’s the same as when I was going, a big Joshi show happens the afternoon of the former at Korakuen (enough time for food and beverages in between) and All Japan run Korakuen the lunchtime of the G1 final. Though if the venue has changed from Ryogoku then it might not be the easy train ride across town from Korakuen any more. Also this assumes the wrestling calendar/world will be back to normal by then.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This year has absolutely thrown me off as I knew G1 was earlier than it is this year but couldn't work out when. 

That works quite ideally for me then to start my summer holiday, have a week or two of relaxation and then head over for 2/3 weeks in August. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKQNNq7oPfufX5tOOh-HI6f_An0SCy6o/view is my free guide to Tokyo travel, though obviously written for a pre-COVID era.

If you're going in 2022, the chances are New Japan and All Japan will be doing big shows to mark their 50th anniversary in March and October respectively.

[quote]All Japan run Korakuen the lunchtime of the G1 final. Though if the venue has changed from Ryogoku then it might not be the easy train ride across town from Korakuen any more. [/quote]

It's back to Ryogoku now. They have done it at Budokan Hall a couple of years, but that's only about 20 minutes walk from Korakuen.

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, JNLister said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKQNNq7oPfufX5tOOh-HI6f_An0SCy6o/view is my free guide to Tokyo travel, though obviously written for a pre-COVID era.

If you're going in 2022, the chances are New Japan and All Japan will be doing big shows to mark their 50th anniversary in March and October respectively.

[quote]All Japan run Korakuen the lunchtime of the G1 final. Though if the venue has changed from Ryogoku then it might not be the easy train ride across town from Korakuen any more. [/quote]

It's back to Ryogoku now. They have done it at Budokan Hall a couple of years, but that's only about 20 minutes walk from Korakuen.

Star mate cheers. Likelyhood is I'll be heading in August so that is awesome I'll be in the country for their 50th's.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Star mate cheers. Likelyhood is I'll be heading in August so that is awesome I'll be in the country for their 50th's.

Remind me nearer the time and I'll direct you to some lovely bars Invert much enjoyed (rather than just the ones in Roppongi), and I'll dig out my map to the restaurant that serves the best ramen I've ever eaten! 

Also, for a laugh if it's still there, you could always pop to the Antonio Inoki themed restaurant in Shinjuku. It's rubbish, but I got a kick out of it. 

Posted

In no way is this confirmed, but with the Olympics being pushed back until next year, it’s possible the G1 my well also be in autumn next year. Possibly there will be an announcement at WrestleKingdom.

If the Olympics do take place next year, summer may not be the best time to catch the wrestling 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, tsve said:

In no way is this confirmed, but with the Olympics being pushed back until next year, it’s possible the G1 my well also be in autumn next year. Possibly there will be an announcement at WrestleKingdom.

If the Olympics do take place next year, summer may not be the best time to catch the wrestling 

Would be 2022 my friend, so hopefully the year after, I had considered next summer but because of the whole Olympics thing realised the city would be insanity at the best of times. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...