The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'dhave loved to have lived in one of these towns that got a small WWF house show every month or two. Imagine the guys you'd have seen over the last 30 years.

Even better would be one of the towns on the Memphis swing who WWF and WCW swung by or near often. Heaven.

I know, it was a reoccurring dream for me, the idea of going to a local small venue to watch mid-late 80’s WWF. Walking in to what was once a Woolworths, pick n mix still there, getting to the back and the hasbros are are still there, but then you suddenly realise that instead of Steps playing over the PA, you can hear Gorilla welcoming you to the action, you get past the Polly Pockets and there it is, a fully fledged arena with Tito fucking up Greg Valentine in the ring.

In reality, I went to the show at Whitley Bay Ice Rink in 93. It was epic. I wish I had a couple of photos. I remember Martel vs 123 Kid and Savage vs HBK. Taker wrestled, Hart no showed. 

Back to the flyers, this isn’t one that fills me full of nostalgia, even if Brian Christopher is on the card... shiiiiit:

BC3B7469-CBBA-4DCF-AB7F-3CC38379D914.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I never realised Jim Neidhart had a WWF title match, even though it’s a small house show.

That match happened 27 times in 1994 including some big arenas (MSG included)

Even this flyer is for an 18,000 seat arena, although according to the internet there were 7,000 in attendance.

Edited by The Dart

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Here's a house show match but I'm not sure where it took place.

From the French announcing, Molson adverts and the camera/lighting looking similar to the highlights I once saw from Jacques v Pierre, i'm pretty sure that's from the Jacques Rougeau retirement show in Montreal. I remember reading it was a pretty big crowd too, not far off 20,000 iirc.

• Paid Members

Some bits from twitter that caught my eye.

The french fries trying to look cool and failing,

sandman dicking about with statues

and finally Natalya Neidhart dressing her cat up like Nakamura. 

pose4.jpg

DKlGH6TXUAAs_lX.jpeg

DILQ23jXgAE-Xpo.jpeg

DTegwOHU0AAwxlH.jpeg

Edited by Tommy!