The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

26_VKM_Unseen-144442427_0.jpg

Vince McMahon lying in a casket with Paul Bearer looking on.

ADDED: Pic was taken from the WWE.com site.

Great photo, always wondered about that angle, did Warrior simply leave the casket, through a trap door or something similar whilst they were trying to get the casket open or did he just stay in there and did they have some sort of breathing apparatus concealed in the padding at the top, hence the rips once opened.

A closed coffin has enough air for about 5 hours, or 15 mins of warrior panting

• Paid Members

1991 was pretty edgy stuff. Snake biting, Sherri more or less sucking the Warrior off, people getting put in coffins, war exploitation and the Mountie getting bummed in prison. There was a definite sense they were going in a more edgier direction. I wonder if they'd have got a bit more over the top if there wasn't a thousand scandals hitting them around the same time.

1991 was pretty edgy stuff. Snake biting, Sherri more or less sucking the Warrior off, people getting put in coffins, war exploitation and the Mountie getting bummed in prison. There was a definite sense they were going in a more edgier direction. I wonder if they'd have got a bit more over the top if there wasn't a thousand scandals hitting them around the same time.

What!?  I was 4 in 91, so I've definitely forgotten about this, but this needs some explanation

• Paid Members

Sherri goes down on her hands and knees and begs Ultimate Warrior for the next title shot to be against Randy Savage. All of this happened during the Royal Rumble 1991 PPV. She doesn't outright say she's going to blow him, but with her face being so close to his crotch, it's generally assumed. It was rather mental for that time-period.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Foley mentions in his first book that in his first meeting with Vince, Vince told him they'd wanted to go with edgier product but with the 'problems' (steroid trial I assume) they'd pushed it back a bit.

What!?  I was 4 in 91, so I've definitely forgotten about this, but this needs some explanation

hqdefault.jpg

• Awards Moderator

Trawling through Buzzfeed, I saw this image as the picture for one of their listicles about Sweet Valley High of all things, and thought, that looks a lot like moustache-era Cody Rhodes...

svh005.jpg

The only explanation - Stardust created a time machine, travelled back to the 70s, dropped the paint, regrew his moustache and found a career modelling for teen novels.

26_VKM_Unseen-144442427_0.jpg

Vince McMahon lying in a casket with Paul Bearer looking on.

ADDED: Pic was taken from the WWE.com site.

Great photo, always wondered about that angle, did Warrior simply leave the casket, through a trap door or something similar whilst they were trying to get the casket open or did he just stay in there and did they have some sort of breathing apparatus concealed in the padding at the top, hence the rips once opened.

A closed coffin has enough air for about 5 hours, or 15 mins of warrior panting

Different era I guess, but I cannot imagine them taking the same sort of risks now without breathing apparatus or a trap door/secret exit.

• Paid Members

The segment only when 10 minutes. He was only in there about 3 or 4. Also how easy the stooges got the coffin open at the end tells you the whole thing was smoke and mirrors. They were using the jaws of life and alsorts, then suddenly the casket opened piss easy after Rene Goulet stuck a crowbar in there.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay