Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 It was all about this for me as a nipper: I still have that at home somewhere. I believe it only had Wolfpac theme music that would play. Absolutely mental when I used to have Booker T come out to the Wolfpac theme then Kevin Nash would come out to the same music and they'd face off. I remember the original PlayStation, and options for altering the sound levels. There was one that was “Music Hall” or something that made it sound echo-y, so would play themes from WCW Mayhem: The Music. It even had the Nitro opening theme! Ah, childhood!
Undefeated Steak Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Edit: Re Ian's picture. You mentioning that WCW ring being too small reminds me of an episode of Blue Peter where they showed you how to make your own ring with a pizza box and some string! You've got to love the demo pictures beneath Hogan, Warrior and Jake Roberts. Look at how much you can do with them!
The Reverend Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I got that WCW ring on my birthday in 1991 - best present ever. Never wanted the WWF ring as I was all about having cage matches. I remember it was the last one in Argos too in my area. None of the other three had any - but there was just one on display!
King Pitcos Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I don't remember that WWF belt ever being in Argos! And I've seen that page before and just not noticed. Up until now, I'd always thought that the only belts we got in that era were the shit 80s ones that the WWF kept selling at live events up until they started losing their arse and stopped putting belts in the tour merch. I never had the WCW ring as a kid, but my mate did and I was always a bit jealous. I got it a few years back, I was ill or tired on the day as well and made my girlfriend drive to Wales on her own to pick it up because I didn't want to pay postage. I didn't realise how much petrol cost.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 My Mam bought me that belt from Argos. It was amazing to look at, although within 6 months of walking about the house in it, the sticker came off and you were left with a bit of foam with velcro on it to wear. Ever the thinker, my brother cut out bits of foam in the shape on little belts when it got knackered and made me some belts for my hasbros out of it.
SpacedNSpangled Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog. I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos. Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches. One thing Argos NEVER did... With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges?
Merzbow Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I doubt they cared or really knew that WWF and WCW were different, it's all the same so bung it together.
King Pitcos Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 One thing Argos NEVER did... With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges? What?
Paid Members martyngnr Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 One thing Argos NEVER did... With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges? Even at it's peak the Argos catalogue never had more that one page of wrestling merchandise.
LEGIT Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 One thing Argos NEVER did... With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges? What? He's asking why Argos didn't release a full WWF catalogue along with a full WCW catalogue during the boom period. A fair question considering he's FUCKING MAD
Lemon Juice Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog. I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos. Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches. I always thought that the snake that came with Jake's figure was wrapped around him like that just for the design while it was in the packaging. And then when i actually got Jake's figure i was surprised that the snake was shaped like that. I had assumed that you would've been able to straighten it out. Hogan's figure was always fucking sold out at our local Argos.
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Man looking at the prices of figures and that back then is mindblowing, £4 for a Hasbro then compared to £15-20 for a Mattel now
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 Used to get so excited as a kid when the new Argos and Index catalogues would come out. I love some of the corny product descriptions... 'Lex Luger and Sting, the two 'Dudes with Attitudes' are ready for action and prepared to take on another tag team who wish to challenge their might'. *Argos doesn't sell another tag team*
Lemon Juice Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I always remembered in John Menzies (before WH Smiths) they had about two or three sets of LOD, Rockers and Nasty Boys and around 30 of the Bushwhackers ones. I guess there wasn't many Luke and Butch fans out there.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.