Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Where there any major gushes in matches (except Sunny obviously, wheyyyy!) between 1994-1996?Yeah, Bret Hart bleeds shitloads in the brilliant main event of IYH 5 against Davey in December 1995. Edit: "Jinx" Never seen that match, I will give it a watch, cheers.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 The event also featured that classic Hog Pen match.
The Reverend Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Did all those WWF rings come with that electronic thing? My version definitely didn't and it looks identical. It's either a different version of my parents dropped it in the mass brawl that broke out and subsequent dash to escape when they stumbled upon a motherload of unsold WWF Hasbro toys that year on the bottom floor of WH Smiths. I think there was two versions of it for a while. The ring i got didn't have the sound effects either. Mine had a Hogan figure included. There was never a ring that had a Hogan figure included. Maybe your Dad slipped one in there to make your Mum happy. I believe Woolworths did some rings with Hogan, Warrior and Sgt Slaughter figures in. I think this was just a Woolworths thing though - they used to do weird stuff like that. I remember in the late 80's they sold 5 or 6 Star Wars figures in a plain plastic wrapper.
The Reverend Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 They were about the same size as the hasbros, and made of like a kind oof rubber I think. They were. I had a Diesel, Mankind and Kane which I used for my Hasbro fed. Same size and made out of a bendable rubber. They released a load of them - Sunny, Vader, Austin, LOD, McMahon, Mabel etc. but they came at the time when Hasbros were gone and the new bigger style figures came in. I remember Forbidden Planet in London having a huge display of them.
TheShowOff Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Still to see a photo of this. Or was the Hogan just slipped in there loose? Just haven't heard of this one ever.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Still to see a photo of this. Or was the Hogan just slipped in there loose? Just haven't heard of this one ever. No it had a picture of the free figure on the box. Can't find a pic of it. But it's very much true. At the end of the day what would be the point in making it up?
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I would've kept the box if i had known back then that some guy online was going to doubt it 20 years later.
TheShowOff Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Not saying you're making it up, just saying I haven't seen it and would like to at this point. Not saying you're making it up, just saying I haven't seen it and would like to at this point.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 I can confirm the one I had never had "free Hulk Hogan" on the box. It came in its own box. So chances are Littlewoods just threw it for free. In a full circle moment, I remember when I worked at Littlewoods in 2003, they were selling Hulk Hogan on his motorbike figures and the new Turtles line. A tear came down my cheek, I'll not lie.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I can confirm the one I had never had "free Hulk Hogan" on the box. It came in its own box. So chances are Littlewoods just threw it for free. Yes the figure came in its own packaging inside. But it had a picture advertising the free figure inside on the ring box.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Not saying you're making it up, just saying I haven't seen it and would like to at this point.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 My Hasbros: Damn son it looks like you've got the full set.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.