Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 1997 does look like a hoot looking back, especially from just before Mania 13, everything just seemed so amped up. Although I cant remember watching a worse PPV than that Final Four dross.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Although I cant remember watching a worse PPV than that Final Four dross.Seems a bit harsh. It's a five match show, the Mero/Cassidy opener is decent, Rock/Helmsley is harmless and the main event is bloody brilliant. Not a bad ratio.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I actually enjoyed the Final Four PPV aswell. The worst IYH for me was It's Time. Nothing stood out from that show.
Sweet Clyde Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Yeah from the old In Your House events that were usually only two hours if Im right? Getting a cracker main event was usually worth buying the tape, and like Rick says the final four way match was brilliant! Always one of my favorites. And the tag title match was good, the more I go back and watch the more I love Owen and Bullldog from that era.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Yeah from the old In Your House events that were usually only two hours if Im right? Yes they were only 2 hours until the Ground Zero PPV. I can't remember which IYH it was but i'm sure one ran just 1hr 35mins
Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I may have to go back and watch it again but the things that are sticking out for me are the atrocious production settings and a jobberful 6 man tag. Was the main event a blood fest with Taker or Vader bleeding "like a stuck pig".
Sweet Clyde Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Yeah Vader got fucked up, mighty gash around the eye if I recall.
Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Where there any major gushes in matches (except Sunny obviously, wheyyyy!) between 1994-1996?
Sweet Clyde Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Bret vs Bulldog in december 95 is one I can think off, another In Your House belter.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Where there any major gushes in matches (except Sunny obviously, wheyyyy!) between 1994-1996?Yeah, Bret Hart bleeds shitloads in the brilliant main event of IYH 5 against Davey in December 1995. Edit: "Jinx"
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Yeah Vader got fucked up, mighty gash around the eye if I recall. One thing i will always remember about Vader is when he called himself a big fat piece of shit on live tv. It didn't seem planned either.
AJSTYLES Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Should have sent him a Sky viewing card so he could at least watch your channel. I don't remember this ring at all, or even the "bend ems". I purchased this at a Kay-Bee Toys in Puerto Rico in 1998. It might have been a KB Toys exclusive? I remember only wanting it for the Paul Bearer figure. EDIT: Also those ring posts could be sprung down, but would never stay down, was the most pointless carrying case ever.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 How big were they? They look like those novelty items that you would stick on the end of your pen at school.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Bret vs Bulldog in december 95 is one I can think off, another In Your House belter. I think i have watched that match more than their Wembley encounter. Which is saying something.
Sweet Clyde Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 They were about the same size as the hasbros, and made of like a kind oof rubber I think.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.