Slapnuts Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 You remember right? that famous WWE Halloween Havoc PPV! This is from this months WWE kids magazine.
TheShowOff Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 WWE was great in 1995. Dungeon of Doom were on a role. My Son!
SpacedNSpangled Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 You remember right? that famous WWE Halloween Havoc PPV! This is from this months WWE kids magazine. "WWE Halloween Havoc" 1995 #FAIL.
Paid Members garynysmon Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to claim everything under their current ownership as 'WWE' events these days.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 I doubt they'd be screaming from the rooftops that they produced that Yeti/Hogan finish.
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 What’s even mind-boggling is: they just mentioned WCW just three words before!
WyattSheepMask Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 WCW definitely loosing the battle for page-space there
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 Brilliant pic. We had the WCW ring, as well as the Hasbro one. The WCW was actually better but we'd still have a punch up over who got the best one (Hasbro). Pretty sure we had everything on there except the cuddly Sting and and the title belt. We had to make our own from cereal packets. My brother definitely had a backpack but I'm not convinced it was that one the more I look at it. Must have been a knock off.
Paid Members garynysmon Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 The WCW ring had a steel cage and sound box thingy, it was streets ahead. (Nothing to do with my breaking my hasbro one after falling off my bunk bed a week after getting it)
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 It was all about this for me as a nipper:
MungoChutney Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I had every single item on that Argos page except the Sting teddy.
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 It was all about this for me as a nipper: I still have that at home somewhere. I believe it only had Wolfpac theme music that would play. Absolutely mental when I used to have Booker T come out to the Wolfpac theme then Kevin Nash would come out to the same music and they'd face off.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 i had the WCW ring and it had a busted ringpost from the day i had it, it was never sit in the hole properly so it kept falling out when i was bounce anyone off the ropes...never even considered to tell my parents who could have returned it, they probably got the actual ring from that Argos catalog posted above too. I played with that thing for years though.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 16, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2014 1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog. I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos. Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.