TheShowOff Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Did all those WWF rings come with that electronic thing? My version definitely didn't and it looks identical. It's either a different version of my parents dropped it in the mass brawl that broke out and subsequent dash to escape when they stumbled upon a motherload of unsold WWF Hasbro toys that year on the bottom floor of WH Smiths. I think there was two versions of it for a while. The ring i got didn't have the sound effects either. Mine had a Hogan figure included. There was never a ring that had a Hogan figure included. Maybe your Dad slipped one in there to make your Mum happy.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 There was. I got a Hulk Hogan Bear hug hasbro free with my WWF ring.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Did all those WWF rings come with that electronic thing? My version definitely didn't and it looks identical. It's either a different version of my parents dropped it in the mass brawl that broke out and subsequent dash to escape when they stumbled upon a motherload of unsold WWF Hasbro toys that year on the bottom floor of WH Smiths. I think there was two versions of it for a while. The ring i got didn't have the sound effects either. Mine had a Hogan figure included. There was never a ring that had a Hogan figure included. Maybe your Dad slipped one in there to make your Mum happy. No you're wrong it was even printed on the box.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 I got Sgt Slaughter wearing the belt with the WWF ring. Never had the sound effect thing.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 RingsBlue Ring with Blue Turnbuckles (top being circle) Blue Ring with Blue Turnbuckles (top being square) Blue Ring with Black Turnbuckles (top being circle) Blue Ring with Black Turnbuckles (top being square) Blue Ring UK Exclusive with Sound Module J.C. Penney Exclusive Blue Ring with Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage figures Yellow Ring with King of the Ring logos Source wikipedia. Mine must've been an import from the US then.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 There was. I got a Hulk Hogan Bear hug hasbro free with my WWF ring. Yes. That's exactly the same one i got. Maybe they were imports from the US.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Too many of those action figures featured that Gorilla Press.
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 I don't remember the King of the Ring one. It's hideous.
Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Agree that the Argos range was pretty poor in comparison to the likes of Woolworths. The mecca for me was the Toys R Us in Warrington. They had a massive wall of Hasbros, it was awesome. Fuck knows how many hours my dad would have to wait for me to choose a figure. Only ever had one WCW figure from that era, a Sting, it didnt move, I didnt care for it at all, it would get jobbed out constantly. 1992 was a good time to be 6.
TheShowOff Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 There was. I got a Hulk Hogan Bear hug hasbro free with my WWF ring. Yes. That's exactly the same one i got. Maybe they were imports from the US. Never seen this ever. Is there a picture of it?
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 I don't remember the King of the Ring one. It's hideous. You'd have thought they would've included a mini crown and King's chair at least.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Yeah that yellow ring is ugly as fuck. Never seen that ring in EdgarTheSlouch's post before, with the plain blue centre instead of the big WWF logo sticker in the middle. Was that released to buy, I don't remember it?
Paid Members herbie747 Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 A handwritten letter I received from Dynamite Kid in 2004. As a huge Dynamite mark, the first thing I did after launching TWC was try to source as many of his matches as possible so we could air a Best Of - NJPW, WOS, and Stampede. After it aired, I got his address off Dino Scarlo, sent him a copy of the DVD, and also told him that if he didn't have a DVD player I'd send him one. Got this letter back.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 i never had an El Gigante figure
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.