Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

This photo is from 1999. I bought 123 Kid, Adam Bomb, and Smoking Guns after that on eBay to complete what I consider the "set". Basically, I have 1 of every wrestler who was available - the only ones missing would be if there were 2 or 3 versions of the same wrestlers. e.g. I have 3 Hogan's, but there may have been 4 or 5 styles, etc.

Posted

I used to love those mini rings with the six figures. Index got a new one every six months for a couple of years. Goldust was in the Raw one:

 

4dada122d2ac5_74388n.jpg

 

They were great fun, you'd get a little miniature federation in a box. Ring, six figures, and a cage/belt/chair/ladder/dumpster. And Index only used to get two of the normal sized figures in every six months as well, so the small ones were the only hope of having a decent sized promotion to play.

 

Sadly, when they got to the attitude era ones, the figures were all slightly smaller. So the WrestleMania set (Bret, Owen, Sid, Vader, Michaels, Undertaker), Raw (Austin, Goldust, Mankind, Triple H, Ahmed Johnson, Faarooq) and Rumble (Mero, Bulldog, LOD, Bearer, Lawler) were all bigger than the ones who came after... Which made Kane a cruiserweight in my federation of them. And the Outlaws. And The Rock. Mankind shrunk when he became Cactus Jack.

 

The mini-rings and figures line was the only figure of Chainsaw Charlie for a decade until they made one of him in the classic superstars line towards the end of the Jakks days.

 

I was sixteen when I got this one:

 

4ddc6311d3772_74388n.jpg

 

And I used to play their entrance music off a bootleg tape I bought outside the NEC at the Attitude Adjustment tour.

Posted

This should probably be in random questions but as hasbros have popped up I'll leave it here.

 

Who is the guy with the half metal face mask standing next to Bret? I had him when I was younger and had no clue who he was.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I used to love those mini rings with the six figures. Index got a new one every six months for a couple of years. Goldust was in the Raw one:

I got the first edition in the Christmas of 97. A fine little roster of Bret, Shawn, Taker, Vader, Owen and Sid. They were just tremendous fun. If Austin came with it instead of Sid, it would have been perfect. I always wanted to recreate the Final Four match. I always loved playing with the Vader figure. His hands were in the perfect position to do his punches that he did.

Posted

Did anybody have the mini WWF Hasbro figures? 

 

rumblering.jpg

 

I only ever recall seeing them one time in some random store around 1995, and they really were just mini versions of the Hasbro figures. Considering I had the full sized Hasbro's I passed on buying them and more than likely spent the money on Pogs. 

Posted

Those are proper bloody wrestling toys. You're meant to be able to scrounge your tuck shop money together and grab a couple of groovy figures, like those packs of mini Transformers. None of this 3D-scanned 8inch tall £12 monstrocities. The Slam City and Rumblers figures are the best of today's lot by a country mile.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

I used to love those mini rings with the six figures. Index got a new one every six months for a couple of years. Goldust was in the Raw one:

I got the first edition in the Christmas of 97. A fine little roster of Bret, Shawn, Taker, Vader, Owen and Sid. They were just tremendous fun. If Austin came with it instead of Sid, it would have been perfect. I always wanted to recreate the Final Four match. I always loved playing with the Vader figure. His hands were in the perfect position to do his punches that he did.

 

Yes! These were my favourite as I could take them around with me in a little backpack. I tried looking for them years back but couldn't find them, are the full sets on sale anywhere?

 

Posted

 

 

I used to love those mini rings with the six figures. Index got a new one every six months for a couple of years. Goldust was in the Raw one:

I got the first edition in the Christmas of 97. A fine little roster of Bret, Shawn, Taker, Vader, Owen and Sid. They were just tremendous fun. If Austin came with it instead of Sid, it would have been perfect. I always wanted to recreate the Final Four match. I always loved playing with the Vader figure. His hands were in the perfect position to do his punches that he did.

 

Yes! These were my favourite as I could take them around with me in a little backpack. I tried looking for them years back but couldn't find them, are the full sets on sale anywhere?

They're on Ebay fairly often, but the boxed sets are quite expensive and mostly American. From a quick look on there now, with customs fees you'd be paying over £50 just for the WrestleMania set and about £80 just for the Raw set (I think the later sets are less popular so might come across them cheaper). Searching for WWF mini figures or WWF mini rings often turns up cheaper loose ones, though.

 

Across all the sets, there's a decent little roster:

 

Steve Austin

The Rock

Undertaker

Shawn Michaels

Triple H

Mankind

Bret Hart

Legion of Doom

British Bulldog

Cactus Jack

Chainsaw Charlie

New Age Outlaws

Kane

Sid

Goldust

Jerry Lawler

Vader

Owen Hart

Faarooq

Ahmed Johnson

Brian Pillman

Sabio Bega

The Headbangers

Marc Mero

Sunny

Paul Bearer

 

It's a shame they replaced them after '99 with the rings that had mini figures in the style of the Maximum Sweat figures (by which point I was spending my money on drink anyway), although I like the accessories/decorations they had.

 

B4A4.jpg

Posted

Those figures are a right trip down memory lane, the hasbros especially, I had near the whole set, without the ones on the green card that must have been from around 94 were they? They never had them in the woolworths or toymaster in the town and I had no idea there even was a hasbro Diesel/Smoking Guns/1-2-3 Kid till years later when I seen them on ebay. I used to get a right bollocking from my ones for biting the nose of many a hasbro figure as back in the day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...