Paid Members PunkStep Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 What a carny Dyno is/was. Did you send him the extra videos? They were blatantly sold.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 What a carny Dyno is/was. Did you send him the extra videos? They were blatantly sold. Damn right - sent him a £30 DVD player off Amazon, and a few more copies of the DVD.
Merzbow Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Should have sent him a Sky viewing card so he could at least watch your channel. I don't remember this ring at all, or even the "bend ems".
Paid Members herbie747 Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Should have sent him a Sky viewing card so he could at least watch your channel. It was FTA.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 While we're on a nostalgia trip, around 1997 when I'd grown out of wrestling (ahem), my brothers had these tiny little WWF figures with a little ring. They were always moaning that the ropes slipped off and making me fix it. What were they, anyone know?
Paid Members martyngnr Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Agree that the Argos range was pretty poor in comparison to the likes of Woolworths. Which is why Argos eventually moved on to putting different figures under one catalogue number with "Styles may vary" - so they could constantly update the selection. Back then the catalogue content was decided months before it was launched so the chance of any updates until the next book in 6 months was almost non-existent.
Alex Wright Mark Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 While we're on a nostalgia trip, around 1997 when I'd grown out of wrestling (ahem), my brothers had these tiny little WWF figures with a little ring. They were always moaning that the ropes slipped off and making me fix it. What were they, anyone know? This one?
Paid Members Rob Lowe Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 While we're on a nostalgia trip, around 1997 when I'd grown out of wrestling (ahem), my brothers had these tiny little WWF figures with a little ring. They were always moaning that the ropes slipped off and making me fix it. What were they, anyone know? This one? I had the Rumble 97 one. Came with a ladder and chair. Bought it in Index in Woolwich.
Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Owen Hart being featured as a premier wrestler on that box reminds me why I didnt watch wrestling from Mania 9 to Fully Loaded 1998. Just seen the Rumble pack, Mark Mero, jesus.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 While we're on a nostalgia trip, around 1997 when I'd grown out of wrestling (ahem), my brothers had these tiny little WWF figures with a little ring. They were always moaning that the ropes slipped off and making me fix it. What were they, anyone know? This one? I had the Rumble 97 one. Came with a ladder and chair. Bought it in Index in Woolwich. Pretty certain that's them. They had the blue ring. Although I really recall there being a Goldust figure? Owen Hart being featured as a premier wrestler on that box reminds me why I didnt watch wrestling from Mania 9 to Fully Loaded 1998.Shit, you missed the best year of WWF TV in history? You poor bastard.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 2000? I was there for 2000.Brilliant first half of the year. Definitely the second best.
Fanny Pack Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Go on then what year was the best? From what I have watched back from 1993-1998 the best year was 1997 right?
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 17, 2014 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2014 Go on then what year was the best? From what I have watched back from 1993-1998 the best year was 1997 right?Yeah, superb year. The Hart Foundation vs. USA stuff was white hot throughout the summer but the Bret/Austin/HBK/McMahon stuff at the start of the year and the Harts & DX later on where excellent. Steve Austin becoming one of wrestling's all-time great characters, mankind evolving into a great babyface, Triple H and the Rock making their way up and loads of other great stuff. It just had everything. 2000 was utterly brilliant but it ran out of steam. Funny how both years have awful WrestleManias.
Lemon Juice Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Go on then what year was the best? From what I have watched back from 1993-1998 the best year was 1997 right?Yeah, superb year. The Hart Foundation vs. USA stuff was white hot throughout the summer but the Bret/Austin/HBK/McMahon stuff at the start of the year and the Harts & DX later on where excellent. Steve Austin becoming one of wrestling's all-time great characters, mankind evolving into a great babyface, Triple H and the Rock making their way up and loads of other great stuff. It just had everything. 2000 was utterly brilliant but it ran out of steam. Funny how both years have awful WrestleManias. To this day i don't know why they booked WrestleMania 16 (or 2000 as some call it) with only one singles match that featured Terri Vs The Kat. I'm not saying it was a shit WrestleMania but it was a strange one.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.