rockbus Posted August 28, 2020 Posted August 28, 2020 17 hours ago, Cannibal Man said: Just realised this isn't a picture of Ric Flair relaxing at home.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2020 Not sure this is quite on topic but my Grandad passed recently and while going through a box of old photos found this one of him that I never knew existed and it couldn't have made me any happier.
Paid Members mim731 Posted August 29, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2020 Here they are now, all the lads.
Guest Posted August 29, 2020 Posted August 29, 2020 Glossing over the life-sized Warrior Wrestle Buddy, did they have to get a sixth-former to stand in for Taker that day?
Cannibal Man Posted August 29, 2020 Posted August 29, 2020 are his shoulders real there, or whatever they are? DELTOIDS? how has he done that?
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 29, 2020 Posted August 29, 2020 Warrior looks THRILLED to be there.
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted August 29, 2020 Posted August 29, 2020 Warrior's demeanour looks like the person who is always lumbered with the middle seat in the back of a Mini Metro on the way to an away game in Sunday Football.
Cannibal Man Posted August 29, 2020 Posted August 29, 2020 sorry but thats got to be a cardboard cutout, look at the way Davey Boy's propping it up trying not to laugh
simonworden Posted August 31, 2020 Posted August 31, 2020 Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum
Paid Members Statto Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 16 hours ago, simonworden said: Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.
Roy Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 19 hours ago, simonworden said: Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum Yes, I'm almost certain it was taken in mid to late October 1992. Savage and Warrior maybe once, perhaps twice, as the Ultimate Maniacs so there's no reason for them to be wearing the custom gear aside from promotional stuff like this.Bret as you mention would have won the title from Flair at this point. I suspect Davey Boy Smith doesn't have the IC belt in this picture because he has either lost it to Michaels by then, or it was made apparent that he would lose it by the time the photos would be used so was told not to wear it. Undertaker was injured around this time but still doing vignettes.
Paid Members Chris B Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 4 hours ago, Statto said: It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out. I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome.
MEGABUCKS Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 4 hours ago, Statto said: I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out. It would blow my mind if their is a cut of Slam Jam with Ultimate Warrior on it. I've always thought about that when I see this photo. I know they cut out both of Bulldog's "verses" completely from the airing of the music video at one point too and that version is on YouTube. Infact there was no in studio booth scenes of Davey like there was of the other 3 in the original video so I'm assuming they did film Davey but wanted to use minimal Davey footage and maybe scrapped Warrior altogether?
Paid Members Statto Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 46 minutes ago, Chris B said: I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome. I've always found it fascinating they went with "Maniacs" (as in Hulka-) and put them in red & yellow. "Ultimate Madness" kind of works but they went down a more obviously Hogan route.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2020 54 minutes ago, Statto said: I've always found it fascinating they went with "Maniacs" Rare instance of them telling the truth.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.