The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Brilliant pic. We had the WCW ring, as well as the Hasbro one. The WCW was actually better but we'd still have a punch up over who got the best one (Hasbro).

Pretty sure we had everything on there except the cuddly Sting and and the title belt. We had to make our own from cereal packets. My brother definitely had a backpack but I'm not convinced it was that one the more I look at it. Must have been a knock off.

• Paid Members

It was all about this for me as a nipper:

61n2IU5FfOL.jpg

I still have that at home somewhere. I believe it only had Wolfpac theme music that would play. Absolutely mental when I used to have Booker T come out to the Wolfpac theme then Kevin Nash would come out to the same music and they'd face off.

• Paid Members

i had the WCW ring and it had a busted ringpost from the day i had it, it was never sit in the hole properly so it kept falling out when i was bounce anyone off the ropes...never even considered to tell my parents who could have returned it, they probably got the actual ring from that Argos catalog posted above too. I played with that thing for years though.

• Paid Members

1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog.

ArgosSimpsonsWrestlers.jpg

I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos.

Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It was all about this for me as a nipper:

61n2IU5FfOL.jpg

I still have that at home somewhere. I believe it only had Wolfpac theme music that would play. Absolutely mental when I used to have Booker T come out to the Wolfpac theme then Kevin Nash would come out to the same music and they'd face off.

I remember the original PlayStation, and options for altering the sound levels. There was one that was “Music Hall” or something that made it sound echo-y, so would play themes from WCW Mayhem: The Music. It even had the Nitro opening theme!

Ah, childhood!

Edit: Re Ian's picture.

You mentioning that WCW ring being too small reminds me of an episode of Blue Peter where they showed you how to make your own ring with a pizza box and some string!

You've got to love the demo pictures beneath Hogan, Warrior and Jake Roberts. Look at how much you can do with them!

Edited by Undefeated Steak

I don't remember that WWF belt ever being in Argos! And I've seen that page before and just not noticed. Up until now, I'd always thought that the only belts we got in that era were the shit 80s ones that the WWF kept selling at live events up until they started losing their arse and stopped putting belts in the tour merch.

I never had the WCW ring as a kid, but my mate did and I was always a bit jealous. I got it a few years back, I was ill or tired on the day as well and made my girlfriend drive to Wales on her own to pick it up because I didn't want to pay postage. I didn't realise how much petrol cost.

• Paid Members

My Mam bought me that belt from Argos. It was amazing to look at, although within 6 months of walking about the house in it, the sticker came off and you were left with a bit of foam with velcro on it to wear. Ever the thinker, my brother cut out bits of foam in the shape on little belts when it got knackered and made me some belts for my hasbros out of it.