Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

That would've been just another (Nakamura) PPV match in Japan. Few, if any, would've been discussing it now. Hated the fucking poxy chanting & since when did Nakamura become a protégé of Daniel Bryan?...(according to commentary). He was IWGP Heavyweight Champion in 2003, whilst Danielson was still in ROH.

Oh yeah the match would have been loads better if everyone was silent other than politely clapping on cue.

Those are the choices then? Mass self-indulgence or near silence. The Danielson question was rhetorical. He was never his protege. That was horseshit & not helpful to anyone.

If watched the match three times and that part of commentary didnt bother me. Much worse shot has been spoken and can easily be ignored

That would've been just another (Nakamura) PPV match in Japan. Few, if any, would've been discussing it now. Hated the fucking poxy chanting & since when did Nakamura become a protégé of Daniel Bryan?...(according to commentary). He was IWGP Heavyweight Champion in 2003, whilst Danielson was still in ROH.

Oh yeah the match would have been loads better if everyone was silent other than politely clapping on cue.

Those are the choices then? Mass self-indulgence or near silence. The Danielson question was rhetorical. He was never his protege. That was horseshit & not helpful to anyone.

Since you can watch Nakamura wrestle in NXT or watch his older stuff in Japan, yes those are your two options for crowd reactions. Didn't look rhetorical, you had a complaint about something so the logic was explained to you. Did you know Wade Barrett was an underground bare knuckle boxer?

• Paid Members

There are 3 things separating Nakamura vs Zayn from the usual Nakamura match in Japan (and I've seen - and loved - plenty in the last 18 months):

1) A hot (if occasionally annoying) crowd

2) Sami Zayn

3) The slow realisation that he was going to be able to keep his shit in WWE

Because of those 3 things you absolutely cannot compare it to Nakamura vs Tanahashi or Nakamura vs Okada, and it has to be judged on its own merits. And it had lots and lots and lots of merits. Occasionally people talk up matches and you can't see why they're so highly rated - sometimes that's absolutely because the hype machine has gotten out of control - but with this match, if you didn't like it, you just have to accept it was a great match but it just wasn't for you. That happens all the time to me.

• Paid Members

Am I the only one who sees the resemblance between Kevin Owens and Jay Landsman from The Wire?

Not really watched The Wire so had to Google, but when I did the first thing I thought was that he looks like John Cena if he really let himself go in later life.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Am I the only one who sees the resemblance between Kevin Owens and Jay Landsman from The Wire?

Not really watched The Wire so had to Google, but when I did the first thing I thought was that he looks like John Cena if he really let himself go in later life.

Precisely this, everytime hes on screen I imagine him to be Cena's fat uncle

I think it's about time they got rid of Ric Flair on TV now. They've accomplished what they set out to do by getting Charlotte over as a big heel. There's no need to have him  standing at ringside for every match acting like a tit.

• Paid Members

I think it's about time they got rid of Ric Flair on TV now. They've accomplished what they set out to do by getting Charlotte over as a big heel. There's no need to have him  standing at ringside for every match acting like a tit.

Yeah, agreed. He needs to be written out with an injury caused by one of the women to put them over. Banks would be the ideal candidate as a character to get the rub, but the Banks Statement would need to cause neck/back damage, and they might not fancy pushing that.

A broken arm courtesy of Becky Lynch might be more palatable.