Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

CM Punk seems like a hard guys respect to get. I think it's hard to impress him as a wrestler from what I could tell.

 

In an interview i saw, they asked him which WWE talent deserves a push the most, his answer: Dean Ambrose

 

I've never seen Ambrose wrestle but just off of his little shield interview I could tell he was awesome.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I can just imagine CM Punk in 1993, when I was mourining the loss of Hulk, Warrior (the proper stars) in favour of the smaller guys, he was rejoicing.

 

Twat.

Edited by garynysmon
  • Paid Members
Posted
CM Punk seems like a hard guys respect to get. I think it's hard to impress him as a wrestler from what I could tell.

 

In an interview i saw, they asked him which WWE talent deserves a push the most, his answer: Dean Ambrose

 

I've never seen Ambrose wrestle but just off of his little shield interview I could tell he was awesome.

 

He certainly has something and I only saw that interview as well. Punk has always wanted change and I can understand him pushing this guy. He showed more intrigue and charisma in that interview than I've seen in a lot more of the current roster in years.

  • Moderators
Posted

Punk doesn't want change. Punk wants to be on top. He'd happily see his friends off to the job centre if he was the prime focus of everything and the company was built around him. That became clear when he stayed last summer.

Posted
Punk doesn't want change. Punk wants to be on top. He'd happily see his friends off to the job centre if he was the prime focus of everything and the company was built around him. That became clear when he stayed last summer.

 

How do you work that out? Not trying to start a petty argument that never ends or any of that crap but I am genuinely intrigued as to what you mean.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

What I said. Basically he's carved out a niche for himself as some kind of voice for the disenfranchised which people have naively bought into as legitimate. The real Cult of Personality, if you will.

 

End of the day, he's a wrestler. Not only is he a wrestler, but he's one with an absolutely massive ego as he's proven time and time again in his appearances, his DVD being a major one. People buy into his shtick and get behind him, but all he really wants to be is the man. He's Hulk Hogan, only using the "voice of the voiceless" stuff to get where he wants. If he really did want change, there would have been some or he'd have walked. In fact, for all his posturing, the only change is that he's higher up the card. I don't blame him for that, but for people to actually think he legitimately wants to change the world of wrestling (or at least WWE) is naive in excelsis.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted
Punk doesn't want change. Punk wants to be on top. He'd happily see his friends off to the job centre if he was the prime focus of everything and the company was built around him. That became clear when he stayed last summer.

 

How do you work that out? Not trying to start a petty argument that never ends or any of that crap but I am genuinely intrigued as to what you mean.

 

At the start of his career perhaps, now I think he just wants decent wrestling you can be proud to watch/be part of.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not saying the whole British economy is about to be utterly scammed, but the new governor of the Bank of England is called Mark Carney.

  • Paid Members
Posted
WWF @ Springfield, IL - Convention Center - October 26, 1992 (4,500; 3,300 paid)

Television taping:

Included an untelevised podium interview with Jimmy Garvin who insulted Randy Savage & the Ultimate Warrior and predicted all the heels to win at Survivor Series

I did not know this. Not a clue!

Maybe this was a tryout. He was supposed to be Doink you know.

  • Moderators
Posted

Fuck it, due to a really boring Saturday night in, I've decided at the grand old age of 27 to start e-fedding again. I expect I'll have quit by tomorrow. I'm doing it as Mike Baldwin.

Posted
Fuck it, due to a really boring Saturday night in, I've decided at the grand old age of 27 to start e-fedding again. I expect I'll have quit by tomorrow. I'm doing it as Mike Baldwin.

Hahaha that's brilliant. I was not bad at e-fedding in my young age, until everyone started using HTML- my roleplays looked shite compared. I nearly always went Ken Shamrock haha

Posted
Fuck it, due to a really boring Saturday night in, I've decided at the grand old age of 27 to start e-fedding again. I expect I'll have quit by tomorrow. I'm doing it as Mike Baldwin.

Hahaha that's brilliant. I was not bad at e-fedding in my young age, until everyone started using HTML- my roleplays looked shite compared. I nearly always went Ken Shamrock haha

 

fuck using real wrestlers, fantasy e-feds were where it was at. late 90s there were plenty of great e-feds around, last time I looked into it about 7-8 years ago it seemed to have died a death.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...