Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Reading that back, I was called a terrible poster for saying Pitcos would know who Corino was but I too was vindicated when he revealed he did.

Double post. I am a terrible poster.

At least you're a good sport!

• Paid Members

Just caught up on a couple of weeks of TNA. I massively behind the pushing of Christian York for some reason. Seems like he's really got a fire lit under him to make the best of this opportunity. Also, TNA could do worse than take someone with bags of experience and a bit of TV exposure who's been off the radar for years and give him a shot. Seems like a good hand in the matches he's had so far and the crowd seem behind him. It's at least got me interested in what happens to him.

The Bully Ray/Brooke story is far more interesting than Cena/AJ. Aries stirring the shit is a riot. Aries is brilliant. It's the kind of thing you wouldn't expect Hulk to green-light but then he's so carny that he can take being an overbearing father and turn it into money. Just totally mental that Ray was the man for the job.

More Joey Ryan.

Negatives all over the shop though... Nothing really new.

Everyone's music is the same. Everyone's t-shirts are the same.

They need to start unmasking Aces and Eights at pace. Their no longer exciting and dangerous. They've become part of the furniture far too quickly that unmasking Mike Knox is going to evoke groans. It would take Big Boss Man under a mask to save this story.

They need to wait at least two years before putting AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in the same ring again. Daniels is finally showing some personality. They really need to do something more interesting with it.

Zema Ion can fuck off.

SOFWrestling. :Would a top class professional Wrestler buy his own ticket too Japan ???Answer no but someone did tho.

@SteveLynskey :Sick of hearing about certain wrestlers flying themselves abroad, driving to shows 500 miles away, for no exs...do pro's a favour..retire

@FrankieSloan : @stevelynskey how can they retire from a hobby

@frankiesloan: @stevelynskey how can they retire from a hobby" I will re word that........do pro's a favour and FUCK OFF!! Better??

@Steve"ynskey: @frankiesloan and these are guys who claim to be champion's, oh and promoters too.......TWATS!! #donkeydick wait that's a compliment!!

Anybody want to hazard a guess? I have someone in mind.

• Paid Members

NEWM - is this just me misremembering/romanticising the angle, or is it the case that during the whole Batista-HHH build up to the actual turn the commentators never mentioned the tensions and it was left to the viewer to spot all the little touches?

• Paid Members

In saying this one in particular though:

@SteveLynskey :Sick of hearing about certain wrestlers flying themselves abroad, driving to shows 500 miles away, for no exs...do pro's a favour..retire

Whilst I can see what he's getting at, this sort of thing does pay off some times. Brian Kendrick mentioned via his shoot, he traveled across the other side of the US on his own dime for a last minute booking in Japan. Adding into this the amount of initial trips he (and others) to secure bookings with ROH and other independents in the US/Japan, which ultimately led to his WWE deal.

I'm aware this may be more directed at complete shit arse's and Kendrick does have some talent behind him, but you get the idea. I have of certain talents going a bit to far out of the way, and paying for others to fly in/out etc, so that might be bit much. I presume if you think it'd pay off in the long run, you're going to drive X amount of miles for free.

Happens a lot in this country. Some guys have used it to their advantage. I know one who stresses the mantra that it isn't what you earn in a night, but in a year that matters. I'm not endorsing that viewpoint, but you can see where they're coming from if it pays off.

• Paid Members
NEWM - is this just me misremembering/romanticising the angle, or is it the case that during the whole Batista-HHH build up to the actual turn the commentators never mentioned the tensions and it was left to the viewer to spot all the little touches?

I'm sure this was the case. It was all almost perfectly played in that respect until the night when Dave actually cemented the turn on H in signing the contract. They had Flair and Trips talking loudly and then the camera panned to reveal Batista overhearing. A small quibble, but it didn't need that in my opinion and could have simply had Flair talking loudly going off on one as he does and have Triple H notice the door was open, thinking her heard someone, looking outside throwing the cameraman out and shutting the door. Then still have Batista turn later, still somewhat leaving it up to the viewer to put the pieces together.

NEWM, are you currently in the run up to the Chamber match? I absolutely adore this period of Raw, the build up and the actual Chamber match itself. The Trips/Batista developments in that match are just majestic. Tremendously played.

You're right, and actually at the moment, they're using Flair really well to do that too. The video I posted illustrates that. Batista coolly supports HHH with "You're the champ, don't worry mate" and the like, and when he fucks off, naive Flair is "Yeah, you're the Champ Game! Batista's right isn't he, god it's class being in Evolution, wooo!!".

I've noticed a pattern where the segments end, and following a few seconds for the viewer to dwell, it cuts back to the arena with a superstar's entrance, so the commentators are immediately (and believably) too distracted with that to discuss what we've just seen. And not in the TNA quick cut way either. Watching it back for stuff like this, it's even more well done than I remember.

• Paid Members

I always find it remarkable that WWE can book stuff so amazingly fucking brilliant at times like the Batista/HHH build but then be so utterly clueless, dull and retarded pretty much most of the rest of the time.

Shit like Mark Henry's path to the Championship last year and the first few months of his reign were just perfect booking 101. Then at the same time you had the "who text Kevin Nash?" storyline that went nowhere on Raw. I just don't understand it. It's like they have this one really good awesome writer who spends most of the year hiding then pops up out of nowhere, writes several months of great shit and then fucks off for the rest of the year.

Raw Opens:

This had me literally pissing myself for about 20 minutes going in full-on kink mode after every sentence. Me family in the room were looking at me like I'm a right pillock. #GIVEHIMTHEBALDOBOMB

Edited by neil
learn to quote

Alicia Fox. I still think that one title reign should still be going. They could have build up the title like they are doing now with Punk. A man can dream?

This smile should be making millions in wrestling, shouldnt it?

alicia%20fox%20divas%20championship%20x2.jpg

A long reigning, black, female champion. Vince could print money :(

Edited by 1SinN6

Been watching the nWo Revolution documentary. Billy Kidman has aged REALLY badly - you only see him as a talking head on it, but he looks fat as fuck. When you see him and David Flair now, it's amazing to think they used to be shagging Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler.

• Paid Members

Alicia Fox. I still think that one title reign should still be going. They could have build up the title like they are doing now with Punk. A man can dream?A long reigning, black, female champion. Vince could print money :(

The problem with your idea is that she is very shit. Anybody who falls in the category of being "good" normally doesn't fit the WWE mold, (model types, who look amazing, purely for eye candy purposes), and as such I could care less about the WWE Diva's division. It would of been an absolute crime if she was Diva's champion for about 2 and a half years, as you've suggested. Why she is even still employed is beyond me, as prior to her reign (and even now to be fair) she been either jobbing out on the main shows or randomly being Diva flavour of the month on superstars.