Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Whether it's the 'right' term to use or not, one thing we can all agree on is that it's definitely worthy of a mention in a sig and multiple arguments about it.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Wrestlers in general don't like the term. Its not a term created by wrestlers. Its something used online or in general conversation. I imagine it implies wrestlers are robotically going through a set of moves, as opposed to performing and controlling the crowd. Wrestlers (the ones not brought up on the internet anyway) don't like star ratings either. Because the criteria is ridiculous to them, because the person in match 8 and the person in match 2 are being asked to do two completely different things for their positions on the card.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted (edited)

It's not always applicable as I've seen Austin pop out a 'different' move to his usual repertoire in many matches. By and large, it's a way of referring to the wrestler's 'signature' moves. I'm sure no one means any harm by it, they just don't know another term and thus there's no reason to be anal about it.

 

It's making a mountain out of a molehill.

 

EDIT: Star ratings are bollocks, especially when they start going into quarter stars. I suppose it's kind of like comparing the defensive midfielder who keeps things ticking along with the striker who has scored. Different roles though both vital in different ways.

Edited by Sphinx
  • Paid Members
Posted

Go easy on him, Butch, his girlfriend probably just asked him for the Kanye West 2013 calendar for Christmas.

Posted (edited)

To post about wrestling without that getting in the way. I realise I should have just text a mate rather than spill it on here. I'd say I've coped better with it and, on reflection, I think that my medication enhanced feelings I'd have about anything. It's funny reading it back.

 

Edit: I take nothing back on the photo. That was me pissing around after a shower.

Edited by Sphinx
Posted
How many times was Al Snow World Champ again?

 

What's that got to do with anything? I know he's been about for 30+ years and still is. That's important here.

 

I just think he talks bollocks and loves giving out stern advice about how a wrestling match 'should' be despite having a particularly mediocre career. Also due to the fact that any popularity he had was down to a mannequin head and nothing to do with what he did in the ring.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

And Edge has jaundice and meth head eyes. Different strokes for different folks.

 

And, Al Snow probably is a bit of an authority on what makes a great match. He had plenty of them. Him vs Chris Benoit at Double Tables and against Osamu Nishimura are fine examples of that. And again, he's been around for ever. He was even doing job matches in Poffo's ICW, so he must have picked at least something up through osmosis, and I'm not even that big a fan of his.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted
Also due to the fact that any popularity he had was down to a mannequin head and nothing to do with what he did in the ring.

 

That's fucking bollocks. He got over due to his charismatic performance, solid in-ring matches and great hardcore brawls. It's hardly like if Alex Riley came out with Head he would be able to get over. Al Snow was fucking fantastic during the Attitude years, he was truly unique, charismatic and entertaining.

Posted

Yeah, he hasn't had a good match for about 20 years though. The guy's work has never offended me (although I think he was best utilised as comedy fodder for Mick Foley). Put it this way though, if I wanted to be a wrestler, I probably wouldn't be signing up in Lima, Ohio (useless information filling the brain again).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...