Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I don't see the fuss over the term 'moveset' at all. I'll happily use it, it's better than talking about 'repertoires', 'arsenals' and suchlike.

Every character generally does have a set of moves they favour and regularly use, moveset seems like the most natural term to refer to it as.

• Moderators

NO NO NO NO NO NO. "His moves" is far more natural and far less annoying. At what exact point did that disgusting term which I can't even bring myself to use come into regular parlance, anyway? About the time that Create A Wrestler became popular?

*******? What the fuck is a *******?

Coincidentally I was watching the Edge DVD today and had I not bought it, I would never have remembered Johnny Swinger's brief sojourn as "Johnny Parisi" on the weekend shows

I'm curious. What is the context in which Johnny Parisi is mentioned on Edge's DVD?

A moveset sounds very limited to me. Isnt a wrestler suppose to know his way out of every situation? You shouldnt have to think to yourself while in a headlock 'Do i have a move in my moveset that gets me out of here?'

Kayfabewise, every prowrestler should have every move in their 'moveset', making the word unnecessary imo.

Edited by 1SinN6

• Paid Members
I'm curious. What is the context in which Johnny Parisi is mentioned on Edge's DVD?

Swinger is the ref in a match between Adam Impact and Christian Cage in front of six people in The Middle Of Nowhere, Canada. It's got Edge and Matt Striker commentating and Striker mentions he was known as Parisi in WWE.

Impact gets the pin after Rhino tries to punch him from the apron and hits Christian by mistake. Which came as a surprise considering the MOVEZ! done earlier in the match.

I'm with Bamber Butch on "moveset". It's a bollocks term that implies the wrestler does "these MOVEZ and no other MOVEZ" and really puts me in mind of that shitty Cena/Pokemon meme that was going around. If you're going to say "moveset" we might as well start talking about Front Kick 5, Old Man Slam, and how we all prefer the RKO as Orton's front special as opposed to when he was using the Overdrive.

Not sure why, maybe because the world is ending soon but, those 'End of the World as you know it' vignettes that ended up being for Jericho have entered my mind this evening. How swish were they? And how fucking disappointing was it when they effectively amounted to nothing.

Surely, SURELY how that all panned out couldn't be the original plan when those vids were put together. Could it?

Yes, it was the original plan. They were just generic spooky videos heralding a big return. Then spastics like us overanalysed them and decided that the ghost-children gimmick would actually translate perfectly to Raw's format in front of live crowds, and got upset that when Jericho returned he wasn't dressed up like Undertaker and he didn't have a little girl in school uniform as his manager. The videos weren't about anything specific. He's talked about this in interviews:

"They were looking too deep into it — WAY too deep. It was just supposed to be a creepy thing. My idea was that it was the Mayan calendar in 2012 saying it's the end of the world and I was going back and it's the 'end of the world as you know it'. That means that if one day you are walking down the street and you find a dog, and then the dog lives in your house, then it's the 'end of the world as you know it'. It's the end of the way that you used to live and it's a new world.

"The girl we just put in because she was creepy looking. There was never supposed to be a girl coming in with me — there wasn't a change of plan. It was exactly what it was intended to be — a cryptic little cool thing that led to me coming back and doing what I did."

Edited by King Pitcos