Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Just because you don't draw money, doesn't mean you dont have any value. You only need to look at the current WWE and TNA rosters to dispel that myth.

Al Snow said he got the business when he got the Head gimmick, because that's when he realised wrestling meant fuck all and connecting with the audience (which nobody can deny he did) was paramount.

Him vs Chris Benoit

Benoit could have had a good match with a plastic fork so that doesn't really say much at all

Watch the match then. And Benoit couldn't have a great match with anyone as proven quite a few times.

Admittedly I haven't seen that match and of course I was exaggerating to get my point across. But if you are listing great matches and one of them is with Benoit then it doesn't really prove your point. If he was that good then surely you would haven been able to make a decent list off the top of your head

Edited by maxwell_murder

• Paid Members
More Snow awesomeness:

"A great example is if you ask what was the best match of WrestleMania 3. Most people would say Savage/Steamboat. But it was Hogan/Andre because 93,000 people paid to see Hogan/Andre. The best match isn

• Moderators

The answer would be Burger King.

As I get older though I turn more to the theory that as a non-competitive pseudo-sport wrestling is probably about reactions more than anything. Cheers and boos are the currency which matter the most, and so I can see why Andre vs Hogan can be seen as the real best match on that card. That had the iconic moment of the slam, and the massive reactions and all the hoohah that goes with being great.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Al Snow feuded with the Rock and Mankind at one point in late 99. He had a feud with Lawler and JR which took up a large portion on Raw in 2003. He was also the HEADtrainer on the original Tough Enough which was a massive success at a time when Raw and Smackdown were in decline. His opinions were valued enough to be a trainer for the WWF, head of development at one stage and now he's a power player in TNA. He's obviously a smart bloke who's opinion is valued.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Him vs Chris Benoit

Benoit could have had a good match with a plastic fork so that doesn't really say much at all

Watch the match then. And Benoit couldn't have a great match with anyone as proven quite a few times.

Admittedly I haven't seen that match and of course I was exaggerating to get my point across. But if you are listing great matches and one of them is with Benoit then it doesn't really prove your point. If he was that good then surely you would haven been able to make a decent list off the top of your head

So I didn't mention the match vs Nishimura or the series with the R&Rs then? Fair enough. Learn to read.

Seeing as you want a list I'll also point you to matches with Tracy Smothers, vs Shawn Michaels, fun vs Marc Mero at Final Four, the one that ended up in a river vs Bob Holly, and a fair bit more as well.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
So I didn't mention the match vs Nishimura or the series with the R&Rs then? Fair enough. Learn to read.

Seeing as you want a list I'll also point you to matches with Tracy Smothers, vs Shawn Michaels, fun vs Marc Mero at Final Four, the one that ended up in a river vs Bob Holly, and a fair bit more as well.

Snow also had a really good match with Holly on Raw, plus they both had that three-way with Billy Gunn. Don't know much about his ECW stuff but I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks there.

Butch: Exactly. Who paid to see Al Snow? No one, that's who. Except Small Galdstone.

Ooh, a name shot. Good one, you thick cunt. I hope you get small pox.

Wow. Obviously as well as small galdstone you have a small penis.

Take the childish insults to the cunts thread and stop twisting everyone's arguments and ignoring things that you can't argue against (such as Butch giving you examples of good Al Snow matches).

Just because he didn't have in your opinion a stellar wrestling career (however lets face it, he spent a large amount of time in the top company and given how many 'wrestlers' there are in the world it still puts him in a very high percentile) doesn't mean his opinions are irrelevant or somehow inferior to Edge's. Snow has obviously learned a lot as a trainer and agent and his In The Ring video is a must watch for any serious trainee.

Apply the same logic to football, Jurgen Klinnsman lifted the world cup as a player, yet Alex Ferguson is a far better manager despite being a journeyman during his playing career.

• Moderators
I like Al Snow and have always felt he was an under-rated talent.

That 'best match at WrestleMania III' thing is bollocks though. For the reasons Ronnie just mentioned, which I was about to say myself, just not as sexily.

We're going to fall out if you keep disagreeing with me, Freddie!

You lot are a right bunch of angry weirdos ain't ya?

Been watching some Raws from 1997 lately. For me it's wwes single greatest year, in terms of raw at least. The transition to gimmicks that were less goofy was complete and it all felt in tune with the culture at the time and it had yet to become the disposable trash that is the Attiude era. There's so much going on just in the space of a couple of episodes, most of it focused around the Hart Foundation. Bret alone was feuding with Austin, HBK, Taker, not to mention the rising tension between him and Vince. You also see the rising stars of Austin, Foley and his faces, HHH, the seeds for HBK's turn and the formation of DX, the story of Kane, tag feuds and stables, LOTS OF FUCKING STABLES. Fuck DX. It's all about the Nation. what an awesome idea for a stable, goading whitey and his underlying fears. And it made the Rock.