Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Daniels mic work is unbelievably great. He is fucking hilarious in his current role. "taking the virginity of all the girls in the vicinity" is a belting line. Someone that talented on the mic seems to have wasted his whole career doing that Fallen Angel crap. I get early 2000s/mid-2000s indy wrestler was all about "FIVE STAR/SERIOUS PROMOS!!!" and all that shit, but what a waste. He is an excellent goofy heel. I remember when the WWE writers started doing interviews after their firing, the constant trend when Daniels was brought up was that they thought he was to vanilla. He carries himself far better than a lot of WWE workers. I doubt he suddenly learned this in the last 8 months. His career could have been so different.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Usually with wrestling I just watch the highlights on wwe.com or on the tna YouTube channel.

Today however I quiet effortlessly watched a whole two hours of their show when i only intended to scan over it. Sure they don't have as big a stars like Punk and Cena, but they do a pretty good job of utilising their whole roster with multiple storylines and keeping the Show varied.

I think one thing I like, and wwe doesn't seem to do enough of, is actually have plans for characters after a key storyline is over. E.g. Austin Aries loses the belt and ends his feud vs Hardy, but Tna had his next storyline ready to continue the momentum. Kudos Tna, your doing an excellent job.

Anyone seen Tyler Reks' rants on Twitter today? Basically buried Cena, saying that he threatened to get him fired unless he changed his finishing move, also said Cena's been holding down Alex Riley.

He's mostly positive about everyone else - Jericho, Ziggler, Ryder, but when asked whether he likes Sheamus simply answered "no". It seems he may be angry because WWE won't pay for surgery he needs on his nose from an in-ring injury.

Can't really call him bitter as he retired of his own accord and wasn't released. Worth a follow though.

• Moderators

Wasn't there a story about A-Ry being a stooge or a pussy or being shit about ribs or something? I could swear I read something to that effect, which might explain if Cena was doing him down.

EDIT: Ah, yes

PWInsider.com reports word going around is that a while back, Riley was backstage with John Cena and Cena was ribbing him in front of some of the other wrestlers. Riley reportedly came back angrily at Cena, which was seen as him "breaking the code of the locker-room."
Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Oh, this Mr Butternut Squash is good value, isn't he? Anyone want to start a book on how long until we get "Cena doesn't do the STF properly" and "HHH stopped CM Punk from doing the Pepsi Plunge"?

Oh, this Mr Butternut Squash is good value, isn't he? Anyone want to start a book on how long until we get "Cena doesn't do the STF properly" and "HHH stopped CM Punk from doing the Pepsi Plunge"?

Hehe, be quite you bint. No he can't do an STF properly but that doesn't really matter. The point is that WWE have long needed some new big time babyfaces. And yes, Riley showed potential during that turn on Miz, the crowd were willing to get behind him, he's got the look and he has that relatable good guy presence certainly more than anybody else on the roster at the minute.

• Paid Members

Hehe, be quite you bint. No he can't do an STF properly but that doesn't really matter.

Alright, who had 36 minutes?

• Moderators

Hehe, be quite you bint. No he can't do an STF properly but that doesn't really matter.

Alright, who had 36 minutes?

Hahaha! That's awesome.

But I've never seen a reason why people have such a problem with John Cena's STF. It's over isn't it, and that's what matter? And anyway, I've seen Erik Watts' STF and that was millions worse.