Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Two rumours from 1994 that were floating about which I just read about:

1) Papa Shango was going to be revealed as the person behind Bob Backlund suddenly going a bit spastic.

2) Hercules was going to be brought in as a Cuban gang member from Razor Ramon's past in a Nailz/Boss Man type feud.

Missed the boat on both of those.

Two rumours from 1994 that were floating about which I just read about:

1) Papa Shango was going to be revealed as the person behind Bob Backlund suddenly going a bit spastic.

2) Hercules was going to be brought in as a Cuban gang member from Razor Ramon's past in a Nailz/Boss Man type feud.

Missed the boat on both of those.

Herc would of just finished his run with Norton as the Jurassic Powers in NJ so that would seem plausible. Indecently, thanks to a friend, when I think of Herc I think "tiny nipples".

• Paid Members

I reckon they missed the boat with Papa Shango full stop. If you ask everyone who watched it as a kid back then but stopped watching in the mid 90s, everyone remembers him. He wasn't cheesy either, and downright scary to the little'uns. Yet his only memorable moments that truly stand out are bodging the WM8 main event and making green shit drip from Warrior's head.

• Paid Members

They sent him out to late. It wasn't his fault. He feuded with the Ultimate Warrior following WrestleMania, so its not like he was punished.

Anyone would have thought they did it to fuck Hogan, what with Sid staying and Hogan leaving and everything. I forgot who speculated that was the case.

Was having a discussion with a friend in regards to ticket selling for WWE and TNA. We were saying it would be good if you knew what blocks of seats the venue were allocated and what Ticketmaster had and what gigs and tours had allocated ahead of the on sale so you could make an informed decision to choose where to buy your tickets so you could actually choose where you sit rather than just get a "best available" online. Would like to know how this information is not made available to the public?

Edited by dangerously420

Interesting. Another ticket issue is presales. In some cases the presale tickets haven't been that good for seats and in some cases they have been good seats. It would be good to know what blocks were available and also how many tickets were made available in presales to make a decision is this my best chance at good seats or leave it to the general on sale.

Just finished watching the episode of Raw from late 04 where Batista and HHH do the swerve fallout to fuck with Randy Orton help HHH avoid defending his title against Guest GM Chris Benoit. This was the first point that fans were given a chance to get behind Big Dave for a few minutes and you get a legitimate buzz watching it even now. Especially because by this point they had Batista doing all the little looks at the belt and stuff, and even though him and Hunter are all mates at the end, there's the lingering sense of tension and future problems which the fans totally pick up on. Absolutely fucking marvellous.

Funnier too that Orton is so completely out of fashion by this point, the booking (and HHH's cynical burial jobs on the microphone from the last few months) has left him as the proverbial Matt Hardy to the belt and the Main Event. He's the best mate of the World Title feud, the one the World Title feud might talk too if it's having personal problems. But he's long past the point where he's ever getting in there again. And all the arm flailing and smirking isn't doing a fucking thing for him either. The sooner he RKOs Stacy Keibler, the better.