Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The flamey bits are good for a wrestler. See: Bigelow, Bam Bam.

I don't understand the window frame on his chest though.

And what is going on with his right thigh?

And most of the crowd look horrified. Apart from beardy next to his left thigh, who looks amused.

All in all, interesting picture.

• Paid Members

Speaking of which, it really is a shame he's absolutely rotten isn't it? A man with his look should really be main eventing major events, not hanging about with Joey Ryan on Impact. It seems to always die on its arse, though. He seems to have cut the same promo since he was hanging about with Cornette.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

TNA seem to fuck him over whenever he gets a role/gimmick he excels at. His all too brief stints as the tag team champion and as Fortune's enforcer are two examples that he's not completely useless, just TNA seem to rush him on to something else when they don't have to.

He looks like a right knob in Hogan's cape.

I'm enjoying Joey Ryan, though. Quality midcarder.

• Paid Members

Back in about 2004, I thought Rene Dupree was going to be a future world champion. Shows what I know. It's sad to see the state of him now. He's still under 30, but he looks fucking horrible.

I also had Matt Morgan down as a future star. I'm not sure why things have never clicked for him. I'd still like to see WWE take another chance on him though.

• Paid Members
TNA seem to fuck him over whenever he gets a role/gimmick he excels at. His all too brief stints as the tag team champion and as Fortune's enforcer are two examples that he's not completely useless, just TNA seem to rush him on to something else when they don't have to.

They are the two most simple things ever, though. A bloke who stands at the back of a stable and someone who brags he has two titles. Whenever he branches out into singles, he's always shit. Even when he was carrying those tag belts around, he was still having those horrid matches with Hernandez. His promos and his lack of being able to do the simplest thing has always been down to him. What can you do with him? He's an awful wrestler. A 7 footer who wrestles like he's 6'1" and overweight. TNA can't be blamed on this one. Its not like when they fucked up Tomko or Monty Brown. Morgan is just shite. They got it right with him during his feud with Kurt Angle and he blew up after five minutes and made himself look like a right clown. If you can't work with Angle, you are knackered.

As I've said before about Morgan, he's got everything you need to be a massive star in pro wrestling, except whatever intangible thing you need to become a massive star in pro wrestling. You simply can't give a shit about him. He wrestles like he's a completely average sized wrestler, talks like he's a wiseass jewish comedian from New York, and has a theme tune where the singer is off-key. I'm gutted he's back. He'll just hold Joey Ryan down.

• Paid Members

They are the two most simple things ever, though. A bloke who stands at the back of a stable and someone who brags he has two titles. Whenever he branches out into singles, he's always shit. Even when he was carrying those tag belts around, he was still having those horrid matches with Hernandez. His promos and his lack of being able to do the simplest thing has always been down to him. What can you do with him? He's an awful wrestler. A 7 footer who wrestles like he's 6'1" and overweight. TNA can't be blamed on this one. Its not like when they fucked up Tomko or Monty Brown. Morgan is just shite. They got it right with him during his feud with Kurt Angle and he blew up after five minutes and made himself look like a right clown. If you can't work with Angle, you are knackered.

That's my point though, they have him do something that is entertaining and does its best to hide his flaws, but then they decide to try a main event push again, which will always die on its arse.

Aye, Kurt Angle was Superman that night he carried a blown up Matt Morgan to a cracking match.

Isn't the problem with Matt Morgan not that he "couldn't work with Angle", but that as a seven foot monster he should never have tried? Frankly, if Kurt's plan was to wrestle Morgan like he would a bloke his own size, then the pair of them are fucking idiots. Morgan is too concerned with tying to impress people "for his size". Fuck that off! Work like a monster and start getting paid like one.

It reminds me of WWE Tough Enough, where they had the massive tall blokes trying (and failing) to work out like the little ripped/lean blokes. That bit where they had the massive Andy and that overweight black dude having to balance on the top rope while people run the ropes was retarded. You want different things out of different wrestlers. I doubt Vader could balance on the top rope too long while people ran the ropes. I'm not certain, but I don't think that ever effected his marketability.

• Paid Members
Isn't the problem with Matt Morgan not that he "couldn't work with Angle", but that as a seven foot monster he should never have tried? Frankly, if Kurt's plan was to wrestle Morgan like he would a bloke his own size, then the pair of them are fucking idiots. Morgan is too concerned with tying to impress people "for his size". Fuck that off! Work like a monster and start getting paid like one.

He didn't though. Angle worked his legs the whole match.

Anyway, Vader worked in Japan for years. He probably had to do more than Big Andy from Tough Enough. There's a difference between working like a big man and being taught how to wrestle. Undertaker's probably the best big man ever. You can be physically imposing and still do impressive things. Andre did before his body fell apart. It makes you stand out from your average big goon if you do.