Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Isn't the problem with Matt Morgan not that he "couldn't work with Angle", but that as a seven foot monster he should never have tried? Frankly, if Kurt's plan was to wrestle Morgan like he would a bloke his own size, then the pair of them are fucking idiots. Morgan is too concerned with tying to impress people "for his size". Fuck that off! Work like a monster and start getting paid like one.

He didn't though. Angle worked his legs the whole match.

Anyway, Vader worked in Japan for years. He probably had to do more than Big Andy from Tough Enough. There's a difference between working like a big man and being taught how to wrestle. Undertaker's probably the best big man ever. You can be physically imposing and still do impressive things. Andre did before his body fell apart. It makes you stand out from your average big goon if you do.

Ah right, i don't remember the matches really. I thought they had an Impact match once that was at 300 miles per hour, with Morgan bumping far too much and trying to "keep up". Might be thinking of someone else.

On your second point, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make? What i was saying is that Tough Enough seemed to expect the massive guys to be able to do the exact same things as the tiny ones, which is just never possible. I'm not saying you don't need to teach big guys how to do things - every wrestler should be well-rounded - but "can you balance on the top rope for ages" is not an issue men the size of Nash, Sid and Morgan should really need to worry about.

Morgan doing the odd impressive thing is great, but he shouldn't be bumping as often as guys half his size.

• Paid Members

Tough Enough is just a TV show though. It was done to show the audience how they train wrestlers and to blow them up and make them struggle to show how hard it is. That isn't how they train wrestlers though. Eli Cottonwood wasn't in FCW training like Big Andy did. The stand of what a big man should do has changed, unfortunately. Everyone over 6'5" wants to be the Undertaker. Probably why so few 7 footers make it anymore.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Who was the bloke who wanted European MMA fighters with shit tattoos to be hired by the 'E? Rene looks perfect for a world title reign by that logic.

What an absolutely buzzard thing to say. Dupree looks a mess and his tattoos are awful

Edited by maxwell_murder

• Paid Members

I bet he is more healthy than when he was gassed to the gills at 21 with the WWE. Can't have been good on the heart there.

His body must be in a terrible state though. Didn't he start grappling really young? Like 12 or something? Won't have been good on the growing bones.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I told my mate I thought Matt Morgan was good after the BFG match with Angle a few years ago. It was a great match, but he still laughs at me for saying he's good. His promo delivery is awful - really rushed and just like a normal person speaking. No star in him.

Dupree looks horrendous.

Steve Austin's so fucking cool these days. I'm totally over my wifebeater dislike of him. Here he is with his dog at his ranch where he lives, with a fuck off size snake just slithering through the land and a cool full beard. He's a legit redneck loner, but fucking loaded and living in his own Red Dead Redemption map. Amazing http://say.ly/Phj4C3H

• Paid Members

Why doesn't Ryback setup his Shellshocked finisher The same way you would a Samoan Drop? It seems much easier to lift the heavier opponents into position opposed to the cradle method he uses. By the time he delivers the move, it pretty much resembles a running Samoan Drop anyways.

• Paid Members

Because he's not samoan and he's meant to walk around with them up there to show strength.

Why would he have to be Samoan to pick them up that way? And like I said, when he has them up and stomps around doing his 'march', his opponent is in the same position anyway. Think of how Luger would pick someone up for the Torture Rack. It's an easier lift, but looks the same in the end.

• Paid Members

I know i'm one of those old farts 'back in my day'....

But after finishing 1997, i've just started working my way through 1998 episodes of Raw and what strikes me is how unpolished everything is, and much more off the cuff. It's also nice to not know what's bloody trending on Twitter too mind.

Also, was it just me who enjoyed the NWA storyline while it lasted?!

Edited by garynysmon