Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I imagine an urgent 3 in the morning meeting between Vince, Pat Patterson, Kevin Dunn, Ray Traylor and the women who designed these. The woman walks up the corridor of Titan Towers main offices block and Gino Monsoon comments under his breath "you've really fucked up this time, bitch" as he walks past her. Proper panic station type stuff with the Boss Man threatening to hand his notice in over the lack of commitment to detail shown to his bed buddy. Boss Man is really angry, talking about a deal with All Japan on the table, if he so desired. "I have no side boards and chest hair, you stupid puke" as he holds the night stick up to the ladies throat. "And where is ma badge?! WHERE'S MA BADGE!" as he unravels the handcuffs. A compromise was made at 6 in the morning to add sunglasses and the badge in the shape of a star, just to show she had seen a match featuring the former prison guard from Cobb County. Its why he got a run with Hogan. It was the Summer of Punk of its day.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

This is the first of the 'muscle beach' promos for Summerslam;

http://www.wwe.com/videos/check-out-supers...g-soon-26139357

I bloody love it. Seems really fresh, different and with a bit of the reality show influence in there. Plus, I love when the show the wrestlers workout videos.

Expanded and embellished upon, they could have stumbled on an awesome idea. Getting a flavour for how all the different superstars get ready for their match would be quite cool.

As an aside, Big E's not just got triceps, that motherfuckers got triceps. Bloody heck.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

SS does have a great build this year, with Bray, Bryans and Orton etc....Its the first ppv card i have looked forward to in years.

On a side note, i still do not get why people do not like Brays heavies? I know wrestling has moved on in certain areas but you cannot beat to big looking extraordinary charachters kicking lumps out of people. They look perfect. To me they are like a modern day Powers of Pain, just to big limited lumps, one with a bit more more ability than the other kicking shite out of people.

Cenas still shite mind, really shite. Until this man leaves, wrestling will never progress.

Where are tag teams like The Rockers and "The Raggoo Sisters" as demolition used to call them.

Well Dunn were pretty shite went the?. Mero should have been used better than he was in 98. His top rope finisher was immense, where he would moonsault backwards standing. And i remember him calling Sal Sincere a Jobber long before the rock used the term (his boxer gimmick was great, puttung Sable in a potatoe sack was tremendous) - also the road dogg used the term jobber early doors as well, he also done the worm before scotty to hotty. Brian Christoper and the King on Commentary during that Putski match in 98 were tremendous - Whats Christopher up to now?

Shawn Micheals top rope fist drop today on Vintage Collection was excellent.

Great article from Cornette on Fargo in FSM this month, Cornette is like an encyclopedia of wrestling, his columns are brilliant. - lUKE dORMEHL fucks that mag up for me.unne

Is it me or do the older birds in wrestling seem that much appealing than the early 20s non personality ones...sable 2003, Runnells 1999, that one who dances at ringside with carlitos brother - she would suck your cock and balls in one go.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members

Went to the British Wrestler Reunion for the first time yesterday. Got to say hello to quite a few guys we've profiled in FSM, but later in the afternoon (when a lot of people had gone early as it was so hot) Brian Elliott and I went and said hi to a bloke who was sitting on his own. It was Lenny Hurst, who I knew as a name and from a few repeated WOS bouts. We ended up talking to him for two hours (and Brian and he carried on for a couple of hours more after I had to leave) and while he may never have been a headliner, he's pretty much worked everywhere and with everyone. As well as the UK, he wrestled right across Canada, into Portland, had runs in Tri-State (Oklahoma) and Florida, did a spell with WWWF and worked both Puerto Rico and Mexico. Just off the top of head, he had stories about working with and/or meeting Blue Demon, Fred Blassie, Muhammad Ali, Lou Thesz, Stu Hart, the Rougeau family, Georges Gordienko, Karl Gotch, Danny Hodge, Andre and Ski Hi Lee.

And we can definitely confirm that, contrary to a long-standing rumour, he is not Haku.