Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Is there a reason Piper's never become a commentator for WWE since his (virtual) retirement? He always seemed like a perfect choice for me. In the same vein as JBL or Lawler, a fantastic talker that understands the role.

They probably don't trust him under the headset for two hours. He's not exactly a guy you can reign in.

Is there a reason Piper's never become a commentator for WWE since his (virtual) retirement? He always seemed like a perfect choice for me. In the same vein as JBL or Lawler, a fantastic talker that understands the role.

Just my opinons, but Piper's promos seem to have declined in quality in later years. No objection to him as an occasional attraction, but I don't know if he'd be much good on commentary

Just my opinons, but Piper's promos seem to have declined in quality in later years. No objection to him as an occasional attraction, but I don't know if he'd be much good on commentary

It depends on the segment - I thought he was pretty great during the Piper's Pit with Daniel Bryan and AJ from last year and I was genuinely disappointed that it didn't lead to a Bryan vs Piper match.

• Paid Members

My nephew was over at the weekend and we were watching Smackdown. And I've now had Fandango's music stuck in my head on a loop since Saturday. And now he's gone and put it on his Vita because my niece likes dancing to it. She's four so she's at the age where nothing gets old or boring, so from now on they'll be playing it relentlessly. It's driving me a bit mad.

I've just watched the PWG 9th Anniversary show and fuck me, that main event was all kinds of mental. Super Smash Bros, The Young Bucks and Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly in a Triple Threat Ladder match for the Tag Team Championship. I can't get enough of PWG at the moment with nothing going below the "good" rating match wise.

I'd love to read a book about the well travelled mid carders of the world. The ones who haven't been featured previously, say 5 or 6 names, and a book of their stories. Would be lovely.

Especially if it was a wrestler, mid card, well travelled from different countries. Wow

George South's book 'Dad you don't work, you wrestle' is a good read of a guy who was a mid-carder/jobber in lots of different promotions.

Just been watching SummerSlam '91...What a great show it is...a cracking 6-man opener, The Hitman/Perfect technical battle, the great Virgil/DiBiase match with a cracking ending....Bossman/Mountie with that stunning bump at the end from Mountie, The fun LOD/Nasty Boys brawl with another awesome ending and the enjoyable, if not predictable handicap match at the end....then to top it off the Match Made in Heaven..the only dud was Valentine/IRS..everything else was great. Crowd was well up for it, matches all had great endings or angles...even the commentary was great, with Heenan on his confrontation of Hogan, Gorilla being a cock to him and Piper's performance during the Virgil/DiBiase match was brilliant....SUPERB ALL ROUND!!!!!

Thats the other thing too..There are so many characters as well, all with different looks and gimmicks...we have the Dragon, A bald roided up monster in the Warlord, 2 law enforcers with opposing ideals, 2 technical wrestlers wanting to prove who is the best, 2 mental Aussies against 2 giants, 2 Spiky-pad wearing maniacs against 2 slobs, a tax man, Iraqi's and a Real American and Warrior...all with a different look, identifiable music, different promo skills etc...not they all have tattoos, tiny trunks and generic rock music, with no identifying persona at all.....

• Paid Members

Just interviewed Jim Breaks for FSM. That cliche about heels being the nicest guys in real life is absolutely true. It was like speaking to your granddad, except if your granddad had spent three decades trying to wind people up.