Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Depends on the t-shirt as well I guess. Edge had a cum sprayed one didn't he? At least you wouldn't feel bad after ruining it. If you're talking about your girlfriend wearing a at-shirt proclaiming a weedy hobo being the 'best in the world' than maybe you should seek help.

I never got the whole women in football shirts thing. I prefer women in the nud.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it's not like they need a CM Punk tshirt for me to get a stiffy. Just occasionally it's really nice. Kinda like when they buy sexy underwear occasionally, except loads cheaper because its just some old tshirt and you don't have to worry about ruining it

• Paid Members

I've always wanted to see if I'd get turned on by a girl wearing a backwards ICOPRO hat (with an optional bandanna under it), zubaz pants, black construction boots, a bum back and a free promotional radio t-shirt that sponsored an In Your House event. A proper wrestlers uniform.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just had a squiz at that TCW website. I get the feeling the fella at the top, above Jake there, is the promoter? He pops up everywhere on the website, gets top placement on that poster, and has a "ladies man" gimmick despite being a not overly good-looking chubby bloke.

Still, I recall watching the start of one of their TV shows when someone did that thread on indy promotions with free web TV a few months back, and loved the cartoon gangster manager (think the Anthill Mob in live action), so I'll give him a break.

Only from The Nerdist would you get CM Punk, Michael Rooker, Danica McKellar and Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols in a Star Wars skit.

I've always wanted to see if I'd get turned on by a girl wearing a backwards ICOPRO hat (with an optional bandanna under it), zubaz pants, black construction boots, a bum back and a free promotional radio t-shirt that sponsored an In Your House event. A proper wrestlers uniform.

You need a night out in Hendon then.

• Paid Members

I'm sure there was a thread not too long ago about characters from TV shows or films that would make great wrestling personas. Anyway, Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon would be a surefire winner of that discussion for me.

I would definitely watch CM Punk in a movie, he's very natural in front of the camera. Wouldn't be surprised to see him offered cameos in big films sooner or later.

Is Jack Gallagher always this good ? I don't know shit about him but I just watched him vs Mikey Whiplash (Scottish Wrestling Alliance) and he's brilliant in it, proper entertaining (so is Whilplash, natch).

Lovely chain wrestling, World Of Sport style comedy spots and a great story of him being a cheeky bastard that constantly one-ups Whiplash only to get outsmarted when it counts. Great match.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Is Jack Gallagher always this good ? I don't know shit about him but I just watched him vs Mikey Whiplash (Scottish Wrestling Alliance) and he's brilliant in it, proper entertaining (so is Whilplash, natch).

Lovely chain wrestling, World Of Sport style comedy spots and a great story of him being a cheeky bastard that constantly one-ups Whiplash only to get outsmarted when it counts. Great match.

Yeah, I've only seen a limited amount of him but every time I have, he looks easily like one of the best in the UK. I remember really enjoying this match with

, and this recent match from Japan is really good, mostly in part to Jack.

Yeah, I've only seen a limited amount of him but every time I have, he looks easily like one of the best in the UK. I remember really enjoying this match with

, and this recent match from Japan is really good, mostly in part to Jack.

Cheers for them. Really liked him in the Zero1 match. The first one's not really my cuppa but still alright. The commentators must have been on the wind up in that though, especially with the "THIS IS REAL!" bollocks.

Got hold of the Wrestlemania Anthology a few weeks back, and it's really giving me a greater appreciation for 80's/early 90's wrestling. Just generalising here, but overall there seems to be a greater emphasis on storytelling, near everything had reasoning behind it. Today's stuff, apart from the better main event matches (Undertaker's recent Mania bouts, for example), seems to be more about the wrestlers "getting their shit in". Again, just generalising, but even the short undercard matches carried a story and weren't spotty in the slightest.

Also, watching Wrestlemania X last night, I find myself being a bit of a Bret Hart fan. He did a terrific job with two vastly different opponents, and the MSG crowd treats him like a massive deal. I used to find Bret a bit boring, but watching that has changed my opinion. I'd love to see how he adapted to the modern roster if his health had held up. If he left WCW unscathed, do you think the fences might have been mended sooner between he and WWE, to capitalise on what a healthy Hart could bring to the WWF/E roster in the 2000s?