Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Ian, can you explain that pic in terms of event and when. I have to say, Hoyt looks bloody brilliant and Taka by the ropes too.

I wanna check this out.

The match is from the April 5th Korakeun Hall New Japan show. That pic is from the main event, Davey Boy Smith Jnr & Lance Archer defending their IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title's against Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii. The back story is that Davey and Lance are a team by the name of Killer Elite Squad and are in the Suzuki-Gun stable which is lead by Minoru Suzuki with TAKA Michinoku & Taichi along with outsiders and gaijins (Yoshihiro Takayama, Kengo Mashimo from KAIENTAI-DOJO (TAKA's promotion) and Shelton Benjamin oddly). Nakamura is the IWGP Intercontinental Champion and leader of rival faction CHAOS.

Suzuki-Gun and CHAOS at that time were the two main heel factions in New Japan who until that point hadn't had many interaction, but after Minoru Suzuki pulled off a win over CHAOS #2 and former IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Kazuchika Okada, he declared Suzuki-Gun to be the #1 faction in New Japan and declared war with CHAOS.

Nakamura had successfully defended his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against Lance Archer but was later defeated by Davey Boy Smith Jnr in the main event of the last Korakeun Hall show. Davey then demanded a title shot which Nakamura agreed for the big Sumo Hall PPV show on April 7th, but that he and Ishii would challenge KES for the tag belts two days before hand.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xys4j7_ki...rt#.Uc6-Ym0vYhc

There's the main event match in question. The show also contains Prince Devitt defending his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Alex Shelley in the semi-main event. In two days time at the PPV Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi, Apollo 55, are set to challenge Shelley and KUSHIDA, Time Splitters, for their IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title's so in the opening match Taguchi faces KUSHIDA.

In the main event of the April 7th show you have Hiroshi Tanahashi defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against former champion, Kazuchika Okada so they have a tag match as a build up. The playlist for the full show is below if you fancy it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2kkqr.../1#video=xys18h

Just got pastGoto vs. Shibata in my New Japan watching.

Shame, I was rather enjoying it until whatever that was. I know I watch lucha and there's silly stuff in it, but that "why don't we back suplex each other a few times" thing was hillariously out of place. It'd have been hillarious anywhere really but god knows what that was doing in a "yarrrgh" striking each other match. I don't really get why you'd bother slapping each other about and stuff if you're going to have a comedy spot in it?

• Paid Members
So good in fact, that he considered leaving wrestling to go and join Metallica in 1988 following the death of Cliff Burton...if you believe Hogan that is

2001 actually. Hogan was probably making more money than all of them put together in 1988. And Lars Ulrich didn't deny it when asked about it. Would have been a addition to the band, I reckon. Hogan can tear it up on the bass. St Anger would have been 50 times better with the Hulk chugging away on the 4 strings. Metallica and Hulk Hogan would be been a perfect fit during their clown years that were the early 2000s. I imagine how great Some Kind of Monster would have been with Hogan working everyone throughout the whole documentary. Hetfield: "Hulk's had to miss rehearsals today lads. He's got a signing with Jimmy Hart at a supermarket this afternoon".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

So good in fact, that he considered leaving wrestling to go and join Metallica in 1988 following the death of Cliff Burton...if you believe Hogan that is

2001 actually. Hogan was probably making more money than all of them put together in 1988. And Lars Ulrich didn't deny it when asked about it. Would have been a addition to the band, I reckon. Hogan can tear it up on the bass. St Anger would have been 50 times better with the Hulk chugging away on the 4 strings. Metallica and Hulk Hogan would be been a perfect fit during their clown years that were the early 2000s. I imagine how great Some Kind of Monster would have been with Hogan working everyone throughout the whole documentary. Hetfield: "Hulk's had to miss rehearsals today lads. He's got a signing with Jimmy Hart at a supermarket this afternoon".

St Anger would have been better with Dink on the bass!!

I must have read a different interview cos I dwfobremember the Burton mention. Either way, its the usual Hogan horseshit, like being popped to the post by Schwarzenegger for Mr Freeze and by Foreman for the grill

• Paid Members
I must have read a different interview cos I dwfobremember the Burton mention. Either way, its the usual Hogan horseshit, like being popped to the post by Schwarzenegger for Mr Freeze and by Foreman for the grill

And he gets people crying about it for years on end, which is always fun. "Pretend wrestler in telling porkys shocker".

And he gets people crying about it for years on end, which is always fun. "Pretend wrestler in telling porkys shocker".

I'm not crying, I'm always intrigued what the next one is going to be