Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I dont like the different names for people we actually know

IMO, some of the WRP character names were great. Concrete is awesome, and if I were Chris Masters (and therefore cool enough to carry off two nicknames) I'd be using that & my Ring Ka King name and going round on the indys as "American Adonis" Concrete Chris Mordetsky.

Johnny 99, Tommy Lee Ridgeway & Scott "The Cornerstone" Carpenter are all pretty good too.

Some of the others, however... "Simply" Stan Shooter is just bizarre.

• Paid Members

Amazing bit of work visualising the WWF history by the F4W board's resident statto, Mookieghana. As far as I understand it, the lines are people who wrestled one another, the size of the circle for each person is how many different people they wrestled, and the colors represent each person's peak era. Michaels is the centre as he's wrestled the most people spanning eras.

wwf_opponents_1970_2012_deeper.png

From what I can gather, Rock and Austin aren't prominent because they had relatively short spells and when they were on top they have relatively narrow ranges of opponents.

• Paid Members

Was it in here that somebody mentioned the Meltzer in the 90s Twitter? Because:

"Hulk Hogan's Wrestling Boot Trash Can Band" will be recording with Brutus Beefcake, Jimmy Hart, Typhoon and Hillbilly Jim. [7/93]

What is this, please?

• Paid Members

"Hulk Hogan's Wrestling Boot Trash Can Band" will be recording with Brutus Beefcake, Jimmy Hart, Typhoon and Hillbilly Jim. [7/93]

What is this, please?

I don't know, but I hope they recoded and exist on vinyl

• Paid Members

What is this, please?

This was the first track from the album... you can find the rest on youtube as well. This was the album that also had his 'American Made' WCW Theme.

• Awards Moderator

I'm in Paris at the moment and I'm seeing posters everywhere for a film called 'Les Reines du Ring', which looks to be a Bridesmaids-style female ensemble comedy, but about women's wrestling. My connection is pretty poor here but can anyone shed any more light on this?

It's a French film called 'Queens of the Ring'. WWE Studio's had a small hand in it, and apparently it actually features cameo's from CM Punk, The Miz & Eve Torres.

Description of it: "The film centers around Rose, a mother looking to strengthen her bond with her estranged son who is WWE fan. Going the extra mile, the loving mother begins training to become a wrestling diva. The comedy/drama follows Rose as she finds a job in a supermarket and convinces her new cashier colleagues to join her in her journey to impress her son by becoming a Queen of the Ring."

• Awards Moderator
It's a French film called 'Queens of the Ring'. WWE Studio's had a small hand in it, and apparently it actually features cameo's from CM Punk, The Miz & Eve Torres.

Description of it: "The film centers around Rose, a mother looking to strengthen her bond with her estranged son who is WWE fan. Going the extra mile, the loving mother begins training to become a wrestling diva. The comedy/drama follows Rose as she finds a job in a supermarket and convinces her new cashier colleagues to join her in her journey to impress her son by becoming a Queen of the Ring."

Thanks for the info MOM, it certainly sounds interesting...

I've been watching some Memphis Wrestling from 1987-1988 thanks to this lovely uploader Memphis, ICW & Old Detroit Wrestling and its been fun watching Sid, Scott Hall and the Undertaker develop as wrestlers and how their promo's are.

In the episodes I've watched, Scott Hall is very nervous when talking and its amazing to think that just four years later, he was the ultra cocky Razor Ramon. Undertaker has no direction as such when he speaks and Sid in one promo/squash talks about beating up jabroni's and even pulls off a kip-up out of a head-scissors.

Good stuff so far.

Edited by Rule One

One more NJPW thought, which I suppose might actually be more of a question, is the Japanese wrestling scene really that bad they they need to resort to the likes of Lance Archer (who admittedly looks alright in a leather jacket), Rob Conway and fucking Shelton Benjamin? Are they just desperate to get bland WWE guys? Is it for their looks in the way that CMLL seems to have Mark Jindrak because Mexican women, for reasons rather beyond me, find him attractive?