Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Oh, absolutely. Heyman was fantastic at getting under JR's skin. Truthfully, I didn't get to see the weekly TV shows at the time (just in case Ian was needling me about the other details of that post), but the banter of JR and Happy Heyman made some of those convoluted PPVS fun.EDIT: Yep, there we go. Was a bit of a stretch I guess, but was she indeed the first defector?

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

Best thing about that match(aside from the ladies obviously) is the commentary from JR and Paul Heyman, in fact they were probably the best thing about the whole Invasion storyline.

To be fair I seem to remember it leading to a lot of fun matches and things and some good promos and moments. I know people talk about how disappointing it was and how certain bits (mainly the names they brought in and the poor booking of DDP) didn't match up to expectations but there was a lot of entertaining stuff during the Invasion storyline.

• Paid Members

When I think of Tajiri during that Invasion period, I think of his backstage skits with Regal. Torrie was just something nice to look at in the background while Regal mused about Rhyno having a massive noggin or whatever - 'look at the head on him. It's like an orange on a toothpick.'

• Paid Members

When I think of Tajiri during that Invasion period, I think of his backstage skits with Regal.

Agreed. I don't know who thought putting those together would work so well, but it did. I'd love to have Tajiri back for a short stint.

Spoilers for the divas show, possibly, so I'll tag it.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It's weird how the Bellas' romance storyline with Rhodes and Sandow was dropped because of their real-life relationships with Cena and Bryan being included on the divas show... But Natalya is having her hen do and probably her wedding to Tyson Kidd on the show, yet she's still with Khali on Raw and Smackdown.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Not that weird. That would all be purely down to the names involved and their status I'd say. Nobody gives a shit about Nattie or Tyson on the actual shows. The Bellas are the focus of this thing (I think) and Cena and Bryan are massive parts of the real shows. You don't want to appear to be mugging them off, but Tyson can be a mug all day long.Was it any good anyway? I'm quite intrigued to check it out, always like peeks behind the curtain.

• Paid Members

I saw the Edge documentary that was done shortly after he retired recently. It's a decent watch. Good on him that he's living peacefully and enjoying his retirement but from watching it, its almost a bit of a shame (selfishly) that he has no desire to continue in the business in any shape or form, because there's a section where they really put over just how good he is at laying out matches. It's not that surprising considering some of the guys he's worked with through his time, Cena gave him massive credit for this quality, dubbing him a wrestling Einstein because he has such a good wrestling mind. You get the impression Cena picked up a lot from his series with him and I can believe that to be true, Cena went on to get a whole lot better in matches following that series. Batista felt much the same and I'm sure Dolph had similar high praise following working with him. Sounds as though he'd make a tremendous road agent.

Not that weird. That would all be purely down to the names involved and their status I'd say. Nobody gives a shit about Nattie or Tyson on the actual shows. The Bellas are the focus of this thing (I think) and Cena and Bryan are massive parts of the real shows. You don't want to appear to be mugging them off, but Tyson can be a mug all day long.Was it any good anyway? I'm quite intrigued to check it out, always like peeks behind the curtain.

I don't think it starts for another month.