WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I am a self confessed Lesnar mark. He is my all time fave. I buy into everything about his character. I am biased towards him in all that he does, but even I was amazed at his performance last night. He is committed to the cause (hence taking that crazy bump over the top), his timing and execution was spot on, his offence was brutal. Cena was superb too. His comebacks were short and effective, I thought his selling was excellent too. I was happy at the finish. Cena and Brock came out of this better than when they went in. Regarding Cena's 'injury', do people really believe he was hurt with the kimora lock? Do people really buy the hardway cut from the elbow? C'mon it's a work! My reasoning was Cena had bladed several hours before, added a touch of 'new skin glue' and Brock opened up the wound. It looked amazing though! God. I'm such a punter these days!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haven't seen it, so only looking at it from an outsiders point of view (which is good I suppose), but I'd have thought Lesnar had to go over here. If Cena is taking time off, surely the idea would be for Cena to return as Super Cena (a superhuman version of the current character, not as a shit wrestling forum poster who makes threads featuring lists) and take back what is his? That for me would have been the thing they should have done. But like I said, I haven't seen it so maybe it came off well.

When I read WWE.com (even now its still the first place I look for PPV results) and read "John Cena def. Brock Lesnar" I went "LOL/.smileyface.gif there's going to be hell on here". And from some places there is. Meltzer has put this in the same bracket as the Invasion angle and the misuse of Goldberg! If Cena would have beat the Rock as well, I'm sure there would no longer be an internet.

Great match. cant fault the effort from the pair of them

shocking result and conclusion. not sure where they go from here. cant have brock vs punk for another couple of months for the title (i reckon) and not sure how long cena will be off for. so no idea where they go but thats more fun when watching raw

this match still wont deter cena's haters though. he's had so many good matches down the years i cant see even this changing their mind. which is a shame. i actually lobe the atmosphere his matches create. split right down the middle is more fun and adds to the match in my opinion

rest of the show was fun. Orton-kane was enjoyable. fun little match with dolph putting on another great little performance. despite the silly aspect i pissed myself laughing at the end of show-cody. Bryan-Sheamus was great. they finally got the chance to show themselves off in a good long match. with AJ looming Bryan's not done and you might as well throw del rio in for a fun three way.

More Ryback murdering is a good thing. Punk-Jericho was better than Mania. was always going to get overshadowed by what came in the main. good storytelling and fun spots made it swing either way and surprised me as i thought Jericho ws going over. Great to see Layla again too

You won't get a better triple main event of matches in WWE in a long time, and we haven't seen any like it for a long time. Sheamus v Bryan, Punk v Jericho and Cena v Lesnar were all superb. The main event was almost superhero movie in the way it panned out, or maybe that was because I watched the Avengers last night but whatever. I was shocked that Lesnar took the loss at first but, like Sheamus/Bryan at Mania, it does make sense and it will make sense to those not yet convinced. Cena may have spent 20 minutes getting battered but god does that hide his weaknesses so much more compared to the atrocity that was Cena v Rock. Everyone involved should get a lot of credit for the quality of the show in the second half.

Haven't seen it, so only looking at it from an outsiders point of view (which is good I suppose), but I'd have thought Lesnar had to go over here. If Cena is taking time off, surely the idea would be for Cena to return as Super Cena (a superhuman version of the current character, not as a shit wrestling forum poster who makes threads featuring lists) and take back what is his? That for me would have been the thing they should have done. But like I said, I haven't seen it so maybe it came off well.

It's really not. You have to see this match. I'm confident your assessment will change upon viewing.

It's really not. You have to see this match. I'm confident your assessment will change upon viewing.

Totally agreed. In context you'll have no trouble with it. I'm actually a bit amazed Meltzer does. He surprises me sometimes when he rises above the usual 'net bollocks.

Overall, a good show, with the big three matches all delivering, just like at Mania.

Cena vs Lesnar was brutal, a completely different match to what we usually get from WWE. Lesnar looked like an absolute wrecking machine, we haven't had a monster heel like him in years. It looks like they don't have a problem with a bit of blood now and again also so that will add to some matches as long as they don't overdo it. I was a bit surprised that Cena won, I personally didn't think that was the right decision, particularly if he is taking time off but it will be interesting to see where they go with Lesnar now.

Punk vs Jericho was also a great match, completely different to the one they had at Mania but it had some terrific spots and was what I assume will be a fitting end to the storyline. Thought Sheamus vs Bryan was good but it will need a rewatch and Orton vs Kane was a fun brawl at the start too. There was nothing offensive about the rest of the show, though I could've done without another Clay/Ziggler match and a Ryback squash on PPV.

That was just fucking marvellous, wasn't it? Brock is so good at being a colossal, monstrous, piece of shit bully bastard it defies belief. Cena/Brock get a big ol' ***** pile of snowflakes from me.

And Bryan/Sheamus and Punk/Jericho were bleedin' fabulous as well. And Kane had one of his best matches ever against Orton. And Ryback murdered some jobbers. And Funkasaurus. And Layla coming back after a year off with a bad injury and managing to be a better wrestler than every other female wrestler in WWE put together. 10/10

Hopefully Lesnar shows up on RAW tonight and goes on a rampage.

That was incredible, I loved it! The main event was cool as ice, I don't care if Lesnar took the pinfall, the match was brilliant. That match is an example of how when there is a bit of blood now and again, intentional or not, it can really add to the drama of big matches. Punk and Jericho was very good as well, I was glad Punk kept the title as I'm getting right back into him at the moment. His outfit looked cool as well. I ended up enjoying Kane/Orton more than Sheamus/Bryan a lot more as well, which I wasn't expecting. Other less important stuff from the show I want to comment on, I really liked the finish and aftermath of the Big Show/Rhodes match, and Layla is almost as cute as AJ as well. One memorable negative comes from the crowd, the Goldberg chant during Ryback's squash wasn't needed. Why try and ruin things for him? Best B Level PPV since Money In The Bank without a doubt.

When I read WWE.com (even now its still the first place I look for PPV results) and read "John Cena def. Brock Lesnar" I went "LOL/.smileyface.gif there's going to be hell on here". And from some places there is. Meltzer has put this in the same bracket as the Invasion angle and the misuse of Goldberg! If Cena would have beat the Rock as well, I'm sure there would no longer be an internet.

I saw it different in that the always there cash cow Cena had Just had a huge high profile loss to Rock at Mania. The idea seems to have been bring back Albert as a monster heel and feed him to Cena. Thank god they signed Brock but the idea remained the same. Brock couldn't come in and say Cena snot fit to carry my bags and then beat him, when Cenas already a beaten man they need him back to SuperCena. Brock's only signed for a year, no wonder they had to pay him so much. "You want me former UFC champion to lose to Cena in my first match back, I'm going to need this much".

Thought Punk and Jericho's match suffered a little from the same thing as Wrestlemania in that I couldn't wait for it to be over to get onto the huge main event.

Really enjoyed the show from top to bottom didn't have to struggle to stay up till 4am.

• Paid Members

Only managed to watch a couple of matches due to being super tired and kept falling asleep.

Jericho/Punk: I have to admit I really enjoyed this match. I wasn't particularly looking forward to this and thought that it would just be along the same lines of most of the street fights that usually occur where the opponents come out in there ring gear and just put on a normal match with a few weapons involved. Jericho/Punk however actually made me believe they were trying to kill each other. Punk escaping the Liontamer by using the fire extinguisher was a good spot and also the continuous use of the kendo stick to the point where it was no longer useable was a nice idea.

Cody/Big Show: Pleased by the end result of Cody regaining the Intercontinental Title and loved the Disaster Kick off of the table. What happed to Cody's eye though? He was clutching in while on the outside.

Cena/Lesnar: Wow, just unbelievable. Was quite hard to watch at the beginning with Lesnar just going batshit crazy on Cena with the strikes and elbows to the head. All the respect in the world to Cena for taking a battering like that. Brock hanging Cena from the ring post by his feet was great and also the knee (or various knee's) to the ribs from Brock made me wince each time. Cena winning suddenly was the right ending I believe. Can't wait for Raw tonight to see what Lesnar's reaction to the loss will be, that's if he's at Raw tonight.

Going to be watching the whole PPV again from start to finish again as soon as I catch the repeats as it seems like the rest of the card holds up well from some of the other reviews in this thread.

• Paid Members

Looks like Chicago will be getting PPV of the year for the second year running. Top to bottom, cracking.

The main event was fucking nuts. There is only one Brock Lesnar; intensity in his pinky. What a beating John boy took, really different to what we usually get. The result was fucking mental though; if Cena is pissing off for a wee while, then it makes it even more barmy. Ian's fantasy booking makes the most sense. WWE are weird, $5M a year, limited date wrestler gets beat in his first match. I expect Lesnar will rape half the locker room tonight.

Punk/Jericho finally produced something worthy in this feud. Really enjoyable back and forth, and fair play to Jericho putting Punk over clean on two straight PPVs.

Sheamus v Bryan was everything we wanted - well apart from the Ginge retaining; expected though. This is probably only the second time Sheamus has ever looked like a star in a match (the other time was the Triple H masterclass at 'Mania). I thought the commentary was great during the match, putting over both men like they're a big deal - well apart from the moment where Booker pointed out Sheamus was blowing up and Bryan was fine, Vince got in his ear though. Shame they'll move Sheamus on to a feud with Del Rio now, he could use a few more matches like this.

I'm not a big Miz fan at all, but the poor fella is better than a YouTube loss.

LAYLA IS BACK!

Archived