WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No star ratings but he had this to say:

JOHN CENA VS. BROCK LESNAR EXTREME RULES MATCH

The match was freaking awesome but can you believe it, they had Cena win with the AA on the ring steps and a pin. Lesnar took Cena down and busted him up hardway with vicious elbows. This was probably the most believable and compelling WWE main event in years. They stopped the match a couple of times to try and close up the cut on Cena. Super stiff like a fight, Cena took unreal punishment. The crowd was cheering Cena by the end because of how brutal a beating he took. Lesnar did these Kimuras over and over. There were two ref bumps, the second which was kind of cheesy. The finish saw Lesnar throw the steps in the ring and springboarded into a tackle and both tumbled to the floor. Cena came back and grabbed his chain and Lesnar did a springboard into a Cena chain shot. Lesnar

was busted over the left eye hardway.

Lesnar left the ring. Cena said he's headed home, I know this is C.M. Punk's town but this is a wrestling town. Tonight you people people were supposed to see the extrme,I have no left arm, tasting my own blood and proud it's in Chicago. All of us, good guys bad guys, big guys small guys, who do everything I can, said he's going away for a while. If I'm going out I wouldn't want to do it any other way.

Cena has been all banged up for months and it looks like they are giving him time off. Maybe he's doing The Marine.

Why do wrestling reviewers come across as right dicks. I thought it was a cracking match the result didnt bother me. I enjoyed it felt like wrestling rather then entertainment. Its a shame all the crowds at wwe shows arnt as vocal as this one. Makes the matches seem all the more important with mental loud crowds

What's Meltzer on about? 'Lesnar busted open over the left eye hardway?' you can blatantly see him blading after the chain shot. As for Cena being busted open hardway. As I said previously, why would they risk serious injury doing that? I bet he gigged a few hours before, glued it shut and had Lesnar to prize it open. I agree with the last post, wrestling reviewers always see the glass half empty. Meltzer is a punter who pretends he's 'in on it all'.

• Paid Members
Meltzer is a punter who pretends he's 'in on it all'.

He doesn't pretend to be fair. He knows whats going on, because the evidence has always been there in black and white. They've sacked people for talking to him, he's well in with a lot of the people there or previously worked there (like the Rock, Steve Austin, Lesnar for example) and he's usually always spot on with what direction change WWE or TNA will be taking next. He's a smart bloke, although a bit on the negative side these days. People value his opinion enough to have a chat with him when the chips are down (Hulk Hogan for example). He's not a fly by night plank with a podcast. Its a very good living for him.

Meltzer is a punter who pretends he's 'in on it all'.

He doesn't pretend to be fair. He knows whats going on, because the evidence has always been there in black and white. They've sacked people for talking to him, he's well in with a lot of the people there or previously worked there (like the Rock, Steve Austin, Lesnar for example) and he's usually always spot on with what direction change WWE or TNA will be taking next. He's a smart bloke, although a bit on the negative side these days. People value his opinion enough to have a chat with him when the chips are down (Hulk Hogan for example). He's not a fly by night plank with a podcast. Its a very good living for him.

Granted he is well respected and has great contacts etc, it just irks me when people present opinion as fact. Wrestling companies get criticised for being predictable, but when they try something new, fans of the 'old guard' throw a hissy. Wresting is Eastenders in spandex, it is a variety show, a circus and I celebrate the fact that I am punter, I pay

• Paid Members

I've just finished listening to WOR, he was down on the finish (IMO, rightly so) but he praised the show and the main event - even saying "wait and see" to Alvarez when they started talking about the finish. I didn't think he was that negative, at all.

He's a critic, it's another opinion (granted, a well informed one), take it for what it is. I will say, all this talk about him being super negative lately just so happens to coincide with wrestling numbers being in the toilet (bar, 'Mania). The people/numbers appear to agree with Meltzer's view about the current product.

44901071695272678123503.jpg

There are FAR worse than Meltzer out there.

• Paid Members

As Ian says he's well in with a lot of the boys. Hence why as soon as I see something reported in WON, it's pretty much a given it's gospel.

You know he's going to knock at least 1/4 of a snowflake of seeing as he used the word 'but' in the first line. Cena winning will prevent him going the full hog.

I said it in chat, but i'll reitirate. I've fallen in love with Brock Lesnar all over again. The man is just unreal. I enjoyed last night more than I enjoyed all of The Rock's recent run. Just phenomenal. What a scary individual he is. I genuinely felt sorry for Cena at some points as it was so uncomfortable to watch. That was wrestling at its finest. I want a Lesnar squash tonight please.

They are, that's why.

Lesnar's a throwback to the days when pro wrestlers were legitimate hard men, not just physically imposing but clearly tough legit fighters whose pro wrestling offence looks absolutely real. When you've got a main event scene with chaps like the Miz, Daniel Bryan or CM Punk in, of course he's going to look like a monster. It's one of the reasons I've liked him so much. Angle similarly, even though he's nowhere near as big, has always had that edge of legitimacy that most pro wrestlers lack.

Main event was fricken awesome, haven't see. The rest of the ppv as I fell asleep 10 mins before the ppv started

Brock dominating then losing to cena with 2 moves reminded me of. Rocks first UFC match against miir

• Paid Members

Legitimacy helps, but it's more than that (see, Dan Severn's WWF run). Austin is a good example of somebody that wasn't really hard, but fans were into the idea of him taking on 'PG rapist' Mike Tyson - because he perfected acting hard. Even a midget like Taz had a following of fans that believed he was a great shooter - Taz tells a story that Kurt Angle even believed the hype, asking Pat Patterson whether Taz would try it on, and what should he do if he did.

The current roster don't have that edge, because they don't project that level of hardness. Sheamus is a good example, looks great but comes across a bit soft.

• Moderators

I don't think Kurt Angle was so much scared Taz would shoot on him, but if Taz got a bit big for his boots (which wouldn't be surprising. "If Varelans don't play ball, I'll just shoot on him brother!")then should he knock the fuck out of Taz? That's how I always saw that one. Angle's an olympic gold medallist who's body hadn't completely decayed by that point. I'm sure he didn't see Taz as any real kind of shooter.

Archived