WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Any chance of a stream please? My usual source doesn't seem to be working. Thanks in advance.

Hah. Bad luck! What kind of time are WWE PPVs on over there anyway? Gotta be like... what, Monday afternoon?

Varies during time of year (obviously) as both Australia and UK's day light saving hours happen roughly at the same time and MASSIVELY vary the time difference.

However RIGHT NOW WWE PPVs start at 10am Monday morning, but earlier in the year they started at 2pm-ish.

• Paid Members

Orton vs Kane was dull. Plod plod plod plod mildly interesting closing stretch. Bleh.

I liked Teddy's highly degrading badge. I laughed.

Ziggler vs Brodus was TV fare. It has been observed that Ziggler is too good at making people look good for his own good. I like Brodus but I think Ziggler is unfortunate to be in this spot. Also, to repeat myself for the hundredth time: I'd love Ziggler to get rid of Swagger and Vickie.

Big Show vs Cody was good fun. I feel like Big Show has been the heel in this feud since he won the belt. Cody looked like the babyface underdog throughout the match, then Big Show lost by his own fault and threw a hissy fit. The smarky crowd were going to boo Big Show regardless but it was all very heelish behaviour and I would hope it's intentional. Aside from that I thought the finish was utterly brilliant, from Big Show's expression to the thought of Cody's mockery video potential on RAW tomorrow. Also liked the disaster kick off the table.

Loved Sheamus vs Bryan. I thought Bryan conceding the first fall just to get extra damage on the arm was a great touch, and the whole match was just beautifully put together. I also found myself in a bit of a bizarro-world situation where Booker T was the best commentator for the match, talking about Sheamus potentially falling into a trap by wrestling Bryan at his own game, and noting that the 18 second win hasn't proved he has the stamina to survive a war like this. Sheamus has been floundering as champion but you couldn't ask for a better match than this to help that situation.

Ryback killing two jobbers was great. I could watch his squashes all day, they're like the Steiners vs Other teams beatdowns of old. LOL GOLDBERG CHANTS. Shut up CHicago crowd, you bell ends.

Punk vs Jericho was great stuff. I haven't been into the feud for the most part, and Jericho in particular I've found to be really hokey and unconvincing. Not the case here though, and in the last third of the match in particular I thought he was fantastic. Cool high spots, lots of drama and a smart finish that was set up during the early exchanges.

Divas match was there. I like Beth a lot but my god she's a bad actress.

Main event was FUCKING. AMAZING. Holy shit. Everything was perfect. The beatdown, the ref destruction, Lesnar scooping up Charles Robinson with one hand, the blood licking, the bleeding on both sides, the visual of Lesnar standing on the steps, Lesnar going kamikaze over the top rope, Cena's absolutely perfect hope spots during the initial beat down, Lesnar's swagger and Cena's FIRE throughout and the fact that it got 100% real heat out of a super smarky crowd... everything. Lesnar was utterly terrifying and Cena was a god damn hero. It felt like something entirely different from anything else in the show or in the WWE right now and it was wonderful. Ten stars.

That main event was just fucking WOW! Lesnar legitamately kicked fuck out of Cena. The elbows at the start set the tone for the rest of the match. Lesnar seemingly lost the plot and just knocked fuck out him. It was mental. An absolutely brutal and wonderful match. Brock Lesnar genuinely unnerved me as well. Kudos to Cena for taking that shit, he's the man. Hope he's not injured too badly.

I'd guess that Cena is taking a much needed break, which removes some of the rage I had at his initial win. At least Lesnar can brag that he put Cena on the shelf, but terrible move to have him lose his first match in 8 years. In fact, Lesnar's last win at a WWE PPV was against Hardcore Holly at Royal Rumble 2004. Abysmal.

At least Lesnar did look like a beast, but really people will just remember the result. Cena got his ass kicked for 20 minutes before beating Lesnar with 2 fucking moves. :angry:

1st half/part of that PPV was bobbins, to the extent I nearly switched it off.

However from Sheamus vs Bryan onwards, utter gold

As for Brock Cena.. Jesustittyfuckingchrist that was mental. What happens from there?

In fact, Lesnar's last win at a WWE PPV was against Hardcore Holly at Royal Rumble 2004. Abysmal.

That's hardly fair. He was only around for two more ppvs after that, one to drop the wwe title, and then one to lose to Goldberg. Codsidering on the run up to said loses he practically won 90% of his ppv matches, it's not like he's been treated badly.

However saying that I am shocked that Lesnar lost.

Having READ the results it sounded shit, but evidentially it went down well. If anyone sees a decent daily motion video of the match or similar please let me know. :)

Archived