WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Fucking hell.

It's completely irrelevant what he used to be called. His name now is Daniel Bryan. Everyone knows he's called that. He's been called that for a couple of years now. He's been a world heavyweight champion under that name.

Exactly. And he'll have some absolute crackers with Sydal when he comes back from his suspinjury.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He was originally American Dragon. Then he went to Bryan Danielson and then people called him "AmDrag" to be clever. Now he's Daniel Bryan and smart arses are calling him "Danielson". There seems to be a pissing contest whenever he changes his name. Its fascinating, what the point of this is. Just call him Bryan. Its easier to spell and everyones a winner.

• Paid Members
He still calls The Miz "Mizanin". He's a deliberately contrary dipstick and that's the point here.

Christ, does he? Sorry, I must've luckily avoided a lot of him doing this. Ignore my above post, then, I hate that kind of thing as much as the next guy.

Count yourself lucky. Freebird's proven enough times that he can post some good stuff but he seems hell-bent on marking himself out as a gimp.

Maybe he is doing it to keep up with all the shit you come out with

What?

He was originally American Dragon. Then he went to Bryan Danielson and then people called him "AmDrag" to be clever. Now he's Daniel Bryan and smart arses are calling him "Danielson". There seems to be a pissing contest whenever he changes his name. Its fascinating, what the point of this is. Just call him Bryan. Its easier to spell and everyones a winner.

The point seems to be people trying to look cool with that whole, " I liked him before he was mainstream" thing that you get with bands.

• Paid Members
Just call him Bryan. Its easier to spell and everyones a winner.

That's actually what I usually do. I've known him as Bryan Danielson a lot longer than I have as Daniel Bryan, but you'd have to be pretty dense to not realise that Daniel Bryan is the much more significant name. I just use "Bryan" as a middle-ground term that means everybody knows what I'm on about, I don't sound like a dick, and it still lets me have that cool feeling that I guy I watched on the indies and loved for years is being really successful in WWE.

Maybe he is doing it to keep up with all the shit you come out with

What?

I was already pretty drunk by this point so I'm not sure who this was aimed at or what I meant. All I know is this seemed the most logical thing to say at the time

• 2 weeks later...

Archived