WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

What else will be added? Presume a Show/Rhodes rematch? Santino/Otunga? Something with Brodus/Ziggler?

I'd like to see Big Show/Cody Rhodes again as I really enjoyed their Wrestlemania match. I can't really think of anything else big that I'd like to see though. It's out of Mark Henry, Lord Tensai, Dolph Ziggler, Santino & Brodus Clay to have something to do on the show really. Probably a Divas match as well.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to see Ryback in a handicap squash. Feed him three jobbers, he's hungry. I'd be as excited about that as anything else on the show.

A dominant performance in front of a receptive chicago crowd would make him look like a beast to the fans who haven't seen his work yet, maybe a pay per view would be a good time to give Ryback a member of the roster, I personally would love to see JTG get destroyed, as a goodbye present more than anything.

I'm looking forward to Brock-Cena equally as much as Rock-Cena and the fact that we have the match in as little as a month's build up has been refreshing and reminds me of a time when WWE had big matches at their disposal. Plus there's plenty of time to squeeze more anticipation out of Brock's potential encounters with Rock, Triple H and Undertaker.

I think a street fight is the perfect way to end the CM Punk vs Chris Jericho story, a fiery crowd will no doubt let this debacle go out in a blaze of glory aside from some of the feuds weaker moments.

The match which may be low down the pecking order but of high anticipation from myself is the Sheamus - Daniel Bryan match. I think the feud has developed brilliantly and AJ has done her fair share to add to this. AJ's assault of Natalya on Smackdown which gave Natalya a legit bump and graze should establish AJ's dark side and hopefully lead to her costing Sheamus the match and creating a new power couple for her and Bryan.

Was thinking about what to do with Ryback a few ideas I had were:

Have him fed jobbers for a few more weeks then ask for 2 jobbers, beat 2 for a while then beat uso's, reks/hawkins (I like them but doubt wwe care) and any other teams leading to him being no1 contender to tag belts cos hes beat everyone else, then win the belts himself (kinda like Matt Morgan did in tna)

It could/would die on its arse but might work.

Build him vs Tensia for Mania next year, keep them both undefeated til then, have a wee staredown at the Rumble then build from there, not talking main event or anything just a midcard match/story.

ON TOPIC

Looks a great card and cant wait for the return of Lesnar, might stay up for it too.

• Paid Members
Ryback vs Barry Stevens 2, please.

At some point, Ryback should have a storyline where a jobber keeps wanting more chances at him. Along the lines of Taka in the 2000 Rumble, or Pete Rose and Kane.

Or Matt Striker in Angle's medal challenge.

I'd put money on Ryback or Brodus getting a little spot on the show, with the other doing the dark match. Probably Ryback on the dark match.

I'd pay money to see Ryback squash someone every day of the week.

Anyway, i hope they bolster out the card before the event and not just decide to add a random Justin Gabriel vs Jack Swagger match on the night. I remember for the most part Extreme Rules was pretty awesome last year so I've got big hopes for this!

Lesnar vs Cena isn't going to end clean, right?

• Paid Members
Curious to see what Brock will wear on the night. His old wrestling attire might no be very flattering any more but on the other hand if he wears his MMA gear in a wrestling match he will look like a tool. Especially if he wears gloves

Even more so than a zombie with no MMA background? Goldberg looked pretty good with MMA gloves.

Anyway, here you go...

lesnargear_original.jpg

The boots need to go though.

Archived