WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting stat I just realised, assuming Lesnar/Cena goes on last, which I assume it will, it'll mean the last PPV where the WWE Championship was the main event would of been at TLC in December.

So going back further, since SummerSlam, the WWE Championship match would of only main evented a PPV 3 times (Hell In A Cell, Vengeance and the aforementioned TLC) out of a possible 9 PPV's , so that's 6 of the last 9 months of PPV have featured another match as the main event (Night of Champions, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania and Extreme Rules)

I know the belt doesnt mean as much as it used too etc, but it's a shame to see that IMO.

Punk's feuds certainly haven't been the main focus of the show but I think the title adds to the feuds that aren't the main focus of the show like Kane, Rock and Brock vs Cena have been this year. But then again that's what the IC title used to do for feuds below the main event. Cena's feuds haven't needed the title and it wouldn't have worked out anyway what with Rock being victorious at Mania and not returning for a while so my bet is sticking the title on Lesnar would do the best job of elevating the title up to the top of the card again (as much as I like Punk having the title).

I'm looking forward to this show, a little less than Mania because the card wont be as stacked but we are getting Brock's return match and maybe a Punk-Jericho-Henry match which will be fun.

• Paid Members
So going back further, since SummerSlam, the WWE Championship match would of only main evented a PPV 3 times (Hell In A Cell, Vengeance and the aforementioned TLC) out of a possible 9 PPV's , so that's 6 of the last 9 months of PPV have featured another match as the main event (Night of Champions, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania and Extreme Rules)

You can't count the Royal Rumble. a) The title match hardly ever goes on last at Royal Rumble. b) The entire point of the Rumble match is to earn a title shot. If that isn't the belt being in the spotlight, what is?

This is what happens if you don't want the #1 guy to constantly be in World Title matches. He'll still be the main event attraction.

I think it will go down one of two ways. Firstly Cena will win when Brock makes a mistake then Lesnar will deck him to set up a couple of re-matches

Secondly Lesnar will beat Cena possibly due to a silly mistake similar to Mania to frustrate Cena more, then they will find some silly reason to create 1-2 more rematches

Archived