WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
They had one after Undertaker became dead again too, which I've just seen a bit of on Youtube.

The one where Cena's the face and Taker's a semi-heel? Watch that shit in full. Great match.

That was the first time I started realising Cena was going to be the top guy.

Edit. Here it is for anyone else wanting to watch it.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I for one didn't know Cena's Attitude Adjustment/FU was born because of the F5. Of course the F5 into the ring post is spectacular.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this sooner.

The whole reason for it being called the FU was a play on the F5 towards Brock during the mini-fued they had. If anything the whole "I beat you, you've never beaten me..." thing could of been a huge factor in this match up.

Having just looked this up, I've noticed Wikipedia has the brackets for the tournament Cena won to get his title shot - and he pinned Undertaker in the semi-finals! Had everyone else forgotten about this too?

I forgot he beat him in that tournament, i remembered he beat The Undertaker a couple of times on Smackdown in 2003 though. I also remember him winning a "Vengeance" rematch against him too.

Speaking of Old Cena, WWE.com uploaded a nice clip of Brock Vs A-Train where Cena interfered at the end of the match and hit Brock with a Chain, the FU and the WWE Title. I must say Heel Cena looks alot better than today's Cena. Its a good clip to watch.

• Paid Members
I genuinely thought they'd never had a match. They had one after Undertaker became dead again too, which I've just seen a bit of on Youtube. Still, it'd be a totally different context now. They're arguably both much bigger deals now than they were then, no matter how bona-fide a main eventer Taker's been for however long.

Oh you should check out the feud Cena & Taker had during 2003, Cena cut a couple of really decent promos- one in a graveyard and the other in a circled star of fire.

I couldn't find the two promos, but you can see parts of them at the end of their Vengeance hype video

For me, this feud was Cena's 'landing'. Before then, he never really had a decent feud or good rub- well just that quick stop-gap for Brock post-Wrestlemania. But The Undertaker feud really ignited Cena's career IMO. After that momentum just picked up more and more, and before long he turned face and was super-over. I re-watched Wrestlemania 20 recently, even then the pop he got was mental.

I forgot he beat him in that tournament, i remembered he beat The Undertaker a couple of times on Smackdown in 2003 though. I also remember him winning a "Vengeance" rematch against him too.

The Fins and Eddies of the world were outraged that Undertaker won that match at Vengeance as well.

• Paid Members

I think its a great idea. If they have a proper wrestling match it would ruin the way Brock has been booked so far. He doesnt want to grapple Cena, he wants to kill him.

They're laying the 'CENA HASN'T RECOVERED FROM HIS LOSS AT MANIA, THIS IS HIS WORST MONTH EVER' stuff on pretty thick right now. There's every chance that, after a valiant effort, Lesnar's going to get the win. I can imagine them stringing Cena's misery out to Summerslam where he gets his moment of redemption.

They could even use his prolonged misery as an excuse for him to call out Rock for a rematch without sounding like a bitter prick. He could just admit that Rock was the better man at Mania, he made a mistake, but if he's going to get back on top of his game he needs to beat The Rock.

I'm really looking forward to this PPV, I think it could be the best B PPV since Money In The Bank. It's well worth the money as well I think. Part of me wants Sheamus to keep the title, as I still think if they give him a healthy run as champion he could be a big star. Though another part of me really wants to see AJ come out as a face with Sheamus, but then turn on him with Alberto Del Rio's interference to cost him the title. AJ could have always still really been with Bryan, you then have a mega heel couple with the belt, who could feud with Randy Orton for a few months. Sheamus could turn his attentions to Del Rio. I'd watch.

I always say ill only ever pay for wrestlemania and the rumble but i may have to part with my cash for this with lesnar v cena, Bryan v sheamus , punk v jericho and orton v kane its going to be one hell of a ppv

This show looks way better than Wrestlemania for me personally. Brock against Cena is far, far more exciting than Rock Vrs Cena and the two World/WWE Title matches are rematches that should be better than the Mania versions. The only thing that won't be surpassed in the Hell In A Cell match.

Archived