WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Seen half but dailymotion took the other half down. I keep checking for Cena vs. Lesnar as it sounds amazing, I'm not surprised Cena won, although if he's taking time off it would make more sense for Lesnar to get the victory so Cena could go away and 'find himself' before coming back and kicking ass. Anyway...

Orton vs. Kane was alright, but it was just them walking around for most of the match occasionally stopping to throw the other into the railing/wall/door/whatever. Zack Ryder's cameo was a bit of fun. I kinda want to see Ryder go after Kane for ruining his life.

I find the Teddy Long stuff insufferable. I get it Johnny's a dick, but Eve's acting is the worse.

Clay vs. Ziggler was alright too, kinda simple but effective.

Rhodes and Big Show was quite boring until the end. Rhodes getting thrown from pillar to post seemed just blah. But I loved the Big Shows face when he went through the table. Rhodes reaction was superb too. But pretty boring to me.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan was brilliant. Bryan and Sheamus worked very well together and Bryan's evil face is incredible. I was a bit surprised the Brogue kick connected after the chest pounding thing, but that was my only gripe and that is real nitpicking.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Absolutely amazing that nine months on from Money in the Bank, Chicago ended up going nuts for Cena. As well as Lesnar's destruction causing sympathy for Cena, the fact that Lesnar isn't a diehard wrestling guy in the way that CM Punk or The Rock are mean it's harder "smart" fans to cheer for him over Cena. He's ideal as a gun for hire for WWE in 2012 as a result.

I also have no issues with the finish of the match, Lesnar will still be able to come across as a monster with performances half as good as that. As Cena is taking time off now, then presumably by the time the rematch comes around, Lesnar will be WWE champion, and the title will be on the line. Can't argue with that at all.

Cena's win is certainly bringing out some very ranty people today

From one of the replies on a mates Facebook

‎"Normal Cena wins match" other guy does the work, Cena does nothing and does his "Super Cena" stuff and wins.

Cena is the worst type of "wrestler" as he has very little in ring talent apart from getting hit.

Another cant even bear to spell his name properly going with 'John C**a' and then goes on a similar rant as above, its like they cant move past 2005 or something

I sometimes think people are watching a completely different event

• Paid Members
Another cant even bear to spell his name properly going with 'John C**a' and then goes on a similar rant as above, its like they cant move past 2005 or something

Sounds like the kind of lad who'll fold his arms and face away from the ring when something is happening that he's not happy with. I've seen it. I can't unsee it.

Some people wont allow themselves to enjoy his matches. Someone else doing all the work surely means he is doing all the bumping doesnt it? I enjoyed the match and the event and thats all I care about personally.

Really enjoyed the PPV last night. Bryan and Sheamus for me was the "wrestling" match of the night although Jericho and Punk was also an entertaining match. Enjoyed the Ryback squash and the Orton and Kane match. Rhodes and Show was decent for what it was as was Brodus and Dolph. However the most entertaining match overall for me has to be Brock vs Cena. Brock looked like a legitimate beast throughout. BUT then WWE had to ruin in by putting Cena over. I can't fathom why they did this....If they knew Cena was taking time off why have him win? Perplexing decision.

Really enjoyed the PPV last night. Bryan and Sheamus for me was the "wrestling" match of the night although Jericho and Punk was also an entertaining match. Enjoyed the Ryback squash and the Orton and Kane match. Rhodes and Show was decent for what it was as was Brodus and Dolph. However the most entertaining match overall for me has to be Brock vs Cena. Brock looked like a legitimate beast throughout. BUT then WWE had to ruin in by putting Cena over. I can't fathom why they did this....If they knew Cena was taking time off why have him win? Perplexing decision.

I knew you were going to write that even before I saw your post. Am I psychic?

• Moderators

The main event was brilliant. First match I've seen in ages where I was actually getting drawn fully into it. Such a rarity in pro wrestling these days, and it was unbelievable to have that feeling again.

I was joking in chat about how this was going to be a shoot fight, but it really did turn into something that had that feeling to it. The elbows to start the match were fucking brutal. The knees were fucking brutal. I really thought that they were going to stop the match because it got out of hand.

Some parts were a bit contrived, the second ref bump in particular, but no issues with the result what so ever. Cena totally won that crowd over. TOTALLY. That's fucking impressive when the crowd was a bunch of utter idiots.

Cena's promo after the match also cemented the "shoot" feeling of the match. I believed that Cena was actually injured. That he wasn't expecting the match to be that real. That him saying things like "my boss won't like this" made it seem like a total "this match was fucked up" thing.

Here's the point though:

- I don't care if it was all a work

- I don't care if they both bladed

- The result is meaningless. Both Cena and Brock looked good coming out of it.

Anyone who cares about the above 3 things is an idiot.

Stayed up, ordered the show and watched it with a group of 5 others. Everyone loved that show, the three main events made for probably the best triple header we've seen in a LONG time and Cena/Lesnar was brutal.

We were talking during the entrances about how the match would be more of a fight than a wrestling match and that was exactly what we got. The takedown and elbows to start off were brutal. I don't care whether Cena was busted open hardway or whether he'd bladed earlier or whatever...it looked good. We've got so used to not seeing blood in the PG environment that the guys I was watching with got excited about there being blood in the match from both guys. Last night showed that blood can be used sparingly and have a great effect on the match.

Here's the point though:

- I don't care if it was all a work

- I don't care if they both bladed

- The result is meaningless. Both Cena and Brock looked good coming out of it.

Anyone who cares about the above 3 things is an idiot.

I couldn't agree more. Brock looked like a dominant motherfucker who will hopefully destroy a good number of mid-card guys tonight in a rage of fury. Cena looked like a star (AGAIN), and whether he's injured or just taking time off, he deserves a bit of a break. Brilliant stuff from both guys.

• Paid Members

I knew from the second Cena started bleeding that I'd come on here and find that everything I wanted to say had been said. Neil got it spot on with those 3 points especially. I'll just add that I thought Punk/Jericho was particularly great because a turn-of-the-millenium-style WWF no DQ brawl was a perfect foil for that main event. And Cena is a fucking trooper. Cena is the fucking MAN. As if we didn't know that. Love the guy more than ever after that.

Though the match was great I still think that the ending was stupid. The way the WWE are playing the story out would be like if Rocky had beat Clubber Lang in the first fight in Rocky 3! Why would you want to see the babyface extract his revenge if he has disposed of the heel already! What is Cena

Why don't you relax and see what happens? Why not let yourself get immersed in the story? Do you always moan about what direction a movie goes? I honestly don't understand some people. I realise we're on a WRESTLING forum so for the most part people are going to analyze shit to within an inch of its life but when it comes to storylines and whatnot, just chill. People are genuinely annoyed that Cena won? Get a fucking grip.

Archived