WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. .

Brock Lesnar being undefeated went out the window the instant he lost the WWE Championship in 2002! They can't just have him back and promote him as being undefeated whilst also saying how he's a former 3 time champion etc. "Undefeated, apart from those times he was defeated for the championship..."

If he returned to UFC, his record won't be reset to 0-0, so why should his WWE record be reset? Especially when he's been brought back to "Legitimize" the company.

An unstoppable force, undefeated after 8 years away.

The little Cena fans weren't even alive the last time Lesnar lost in WWE, he'd be undefeated to them, the target audience. WWE rewrites history all the time, they won't even mention Lord Tensai's former ring name on air.

What do the "little Cena fans" have to do with anything? No matter who Lesnar faced first, Cena, Punk, Alex Riley, you can't call someone who lost multiple championships "undefeated".

WWE indeed rewrite history all the time, but can you name any legitimate sport that rewrites history? Which brings me back to the point of Lesnar being brought back to legitimize the company. No legit fighter would get away with saying that they're undefeated, not after losing both UFC and WWE bouts.

I get what you're saying, but in the context of legitimacy, which is what this return is built on, you cannot promote him as undefeated.

Loved everything about the main event, except the result which I thought was fucking stupid.

Anyone who says the result doesn't matter is ignoring WWE's long history of ruining sure-things for business by poor booking.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. There was money in stretching out Cena's quest to beat Lesnar. That's now gone. There was money in Brock being a dominant unstoppable unbeatable force on his way to winning the WWE title or facing Undertaker for the streak (streak vs streak?). That's now gone.

It's a match finish that was the single one thing that shouldn't have happened and it did.

It's not being a negative nelly saying all this. The match itself was great. They may take Lesnar on to bigger and better thing - emphasis on the 'may'. But they've lost three things as outlined above with that match result. It's disappointing.

Really? In what way was last night not good for business? The match was phenomenal and the finish made sense. Brock got smashed full on with a metal chain. I think people are too quick on the uptake in saying WWE have booked it wrong, they'll have a good plan going forward i'm sure.

Really? In the same way they had a red hot CM Punk take a power bomb off Kevin Nash at Summerslam, then job to Triple H last Autumn? And that's just a recent example.

Lesnar losing was not good for business because they lost the three things I stated.

It's not being too quick on the uptake, it's remembering years and years and years of fucked up WWE booking and drawing the blatantly obvious comparisons.

Ooooh fuck me, why do you still watch if the booking is so shite? Stop analyzing every minute detail. Can you not just enjoy it for what it was? A classic wrestling match. One of my favourite matches in years. Streak vs streak? Who said they were going to go down that route anyway? You? Just because you think WWE's booking is shite doesn't actually mean it is.

• Paid Members

Can not believe that, how they had someone pretty much dominate a match and then lose to an off the cuff finish from a bland, rammed down our throats, distinctly average cack babyface is a travesty. Daniel Bryan should have gone over!

The main event however, WOW!

A great show, coming off the back of Wrestlemania, that was immense.

Kane/Orton was what it needed to be, slightly down the line of a clich

Do you always moan about what direction a movie goes?

Erm yes! If it's a stupid fucking direction of course you would moan!

Just because you think WWE's booking is shite doesn't actually mean it is.

And you are more qualified because.................you have a direct line to Vinny Mac?

they'll have a good plan going forward i'm sure.

REALL!Y!!! Lets look at their past record (and this is just of the top of my head!)

CM Punk wins and leaves....oh wait he's back next week!

John Cena loses at "Loser Leaves Town Match"! Oh wait, he's back the next night!

Goldberg comes to WWE..Lets stick a Gold fucking wig on his head!

Christian was meant to be the one who attacks Jeff Hardy.....everyone knows, fuck lets change it to Matt Hardy!

Nexus invades WWE...Lets beat them like jobbers in their first major match and kill them dead.

Zack Ryder gets over. Lets beat him like a drum to prove the the fans don't know what there on about!

The WCW Invasion....you could right a book on that cluster fuck!

I still watch the WWE because I LOVE wrestling. That doesn't mean I can't be critical when I see something I don't like! If I pay

• Paid Members
REALL!Y!!! Lets look at their past record (and this is just of the top of my head!)

Past records?

They did alright booking Hogan all them years ago.

Stone Cold faired ok too IIRC.

Mind you they did fuck up the necessary Raven push! So you may have a point.

• Paid Members

Oh, come on. A lot of them are arguable, but Zack Ryder's fucking shite and went as far as he could with a joke gimmick. He's a discount Grandmaster Sexay. This prick deserved to become the laughing stock of the WWE Universe.

Anyway, I think there's a lot to be said about the finish, and who should have won, but as a fan that main event was probably the best match they've done in years. The drama was off the chain. I can see well worked athletic contests like Punk vs Jericho or Bryan (who was fucking world class last night) vs. Sheamus on any Indy supershow or on a TNA bout featuring AJ Styles or Austin Aries all the time. You dont see drama and suspense like the Lesnar vs Cena match every week. It was awesome. If the match wasn't so brilliant, I'd be on the good ship negative. But the PPV delivered I thought. Also, Brock still has money matches against the likes of Austin, Undertaker and The Rock left in him. Its not the finish I'd have done personally, but its not a business killer.

I think they've finally found the formula to get cheers from Cena. He basically worked a 1989 Hulk Hogan match. He was near death the whole match, did the jelly fish sell, was even pleading to stop, then did something a bit unbabyface like and won. The fans love that shit. Make the face vulnerable, get sympathy and then pull it out of the bag. Good lad.

Brodus/Ziggler was a tad lame, and very centric to the PG audience. I REALLY want Clay to come to the ring, dance a bit with his women and Hornswoggle, get a mic and basically ask if he's got the crowds attention, then pummel the living shite out of the midget, and go all 'I had to perform like a goof to get any attention from you cretins, now begins the true reign of a killer'.

Are you Fin Martin?

Where would Clay fit in the killers situation? Surely behind Ryback and Tensai. His limitations are carrying him much further than he should be right now.

Ian - I couldnt agree more about Ryder. Your comparison with Brian Christopher is a good one too.

I will add one thing, how fucking great was Brock in defeat? The awakening from the FU on the outside and still thinking he was in a fight putting his dukes up, and the almost turning on a young fan who touched him on the way to the back, that made said fan SHIT HIMSELF and apologise. Great little touches from Brock.

It's even better than that. The guy you're talking about is looking in completely the other direction at the time and it's some kid standing next to him that touches Brock. By the time the guy turns round he's got Brock Lesnar staring at him with his fists up. I'd have shit myself too!

• Paid Members
Brodus/Ziggler was a tad lame, and very centric to the PG audience. I REALLY want Clay to come to the ring, dance a bit with his women and Hornswoggle, get a mic and basically ask if he's got the crowds attention, then pummel the living shite out of the midget, and go all 'I had to perform like a goof to get any attention from you cretins, now begins the true reign of a killer'.

Are you Fin Martin?

Where would Clay fit in the killers situation? Surely behind Ryback and Tensai. His limitations are carrying him much further than he should be right now.

The turn is somewhere down the line granted, I just feel he needs to move forward before he becomes pastiche.

And on a very personal level, I'd like him to go all Vampiro and beat the fuck out of a beloved midget. I'd like anyone to beat the fuck out of a beloved midget, ESPECIALLY Hornswoggle

He still needs a better finish too, I'm aching for him to bust out The Dominator.

One more thing about last night's PPV, if there was ever any question about where Cena is on the roster, about why he won that match, it was evident front row all throughout that event. I wanted him to win for those little ones who were up WAY past their bedtime, Was that just me?

People are genuinely annoyed that Cena won? Get a fucking grip.

In fairness, the only "people" annoyed by Cena's win are the complete cretins of the Internet.

Really? In what way was last night not good for business?

cuz cena sux lol

So when Meltzer comes across with his usual negative vibe, I think to myself 'you are a punter mate! No different to me or anyone else.'

Meltzer is different. He's a tastemaker. Al Snow calls Meltzer the greatest worker of all time because he's convinced an entire subculture of impressionable thickos to believe that his opinion is gospel. Al Snow says a lot of odd things, but he's onto something with that one.

Are you Fin Martin?

Stop. Everybody knows that anyone with an entertaining gimmick should do a promo decrying said gimmick and then becoming a generic bland heel. It's Booking 101.

• Paid Members
Stop. Everybody knows that anyone with an entertaining gimmick should do a promo decrying said gimmick and then becoming a generic bland heel. It's Booking 101.

Stop. Everybody knows that anyone with an entertaining gimmick should push that gimmick, and push that gimmick, and push that gimmick, and push that gimmick to the point of monotony and then in turn becoming a generic bland face. It's Booking 101.

Female voiced intro -> Music -> Dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> Trousers off / Pyro hit -> 20 second match -> More dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> commercial

There is a point the above becomes tiresome, it's bordering that time, faster than it should be due to the inclusion of a playful midget that has gone through a similar formula.

• Paid Members

Brodus Clay is shit, outside of the entrance he shows no charisma or character from my point of view. It feels like he's a generic dullard with a tacked on character he never does anything with once the match starts.

The main brought a tear to my japs eye, it was wonderful.

Archived