WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Didn't he do the same thing when he beat Hogan? Except the licking his hand part, that was disgusting!

He should have, though. If he'd have digested a bit of Hogan blood, he'd be still undefeated in UFC now. And he wouldn't have done the job to Cena the other night. I'm sure he wouldnt have minded the loss of hair that came with it.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh:

Great PPV, very different at times and very much a stand out. Orton/Kane was decent but a bit long, Show/Rhodes was a clever finish and good aftermath, Didn't care for the Brodus match but the Ryback squash was great again, apart from the crowd.

Sheamus/Bryan was a really good battle that both shined in and 2/3 falls added a different dynamic to match, i'd like to see it used a little bit more on PPV. Jericho/Punk was top stuff, really good brawling/wrestling mix with a couple of nice highspots in there too, as has been said the small thing of wearing jeans adds so much to a match like this, it's visually impressive.

Main event was brilliant and unique. "What the hell is happening and going to happen next" match right from the bell. Just about everything was spot-on and even when Brock fell out the ring it made him look even crazier by laughing it off. Was shocked Cena won but it was done in a clever way, his face after the chain shot was like Hogan hulikng-up in his prime. Even the "lol Goldberg'" smarks from earlier were cheering because the hero was making a comeback against the monster. Just a fantastic stand-out match that showed again why Cena is so great and why Brock just has "it" and everything else you could want.

• Paid Members

The best thing about John Cena winning is watching complete and utter bellends crying about it on here. I hope he goes on a 31,908-0 winning streak until he's 97 and dropping AAs on his Stannah stairlift if it continues the whingeing.

I just listened to Bryan Alvarez banging on about how it's the most stupid finish ever. Alvarez has the most annoying, whiney voice and emphasises words like a twat too.

They were saying that Lesnar should have come in as a face as that's where all the feuds are. What, Lesnar vs. Jericho? Lesnar vs. Del Rio? Lesnar vs. Bryan? If he was a face it'd be even worse if he upped and left. As a heel, they've pitched him as a mercenary which is perfect. Even the Chicago crowd were cheering Cena last night.

Alvarez said something about rushing 18 months of storylines in a day. I don't know what he's on about there. They have 12 months to make money with him. I don't think they can fuck about too much with him either. And WWE have been burnt by Lesnar before which people seem to forget to mention. Can you blame WWE for being cautious? If he left tomorrow, they can show how Cena beat the former UFC champion over and over and make out Lesnar left because of the loss. They're paying him a load of money, and obviously the argument is that he should be undefeated to make his loss mean more. But I don't see people passing on watching his future matches because of that loss. It's about the best outcome they could get out of it.

I listened to this as well, as much as I can't stand Dave Meltzer, he's better than that Alvarez cunt!

They end almost every point with "who cares?" or "what does it matter?" Well why bother doing a show at all? He talks shite, even Meltzer has to explain things to him and then he just agrees with him.

They have 12 months to make money with him.

They don't really. They have 30 days to make money with him. Well, 25 days now. About 10 of them will be on the Triple H feud and probably 15 around Rumble to Mania time against Rock or Austin.

Rock and Cena's feud was advertised and talked about for a year and apparently did record numbers. Rock wasn't there for many dates - probably less than the 30 Brock was signed for. He's got another 11 months or so to make money - even if that means a load of video packages, promos and advertising budget when he's not there.

• Paid Members

Rock's in another stratosphere to Lesnar though. He doesn't need building or over protecting. He's a far bigger star. And he's quite fond of wrestling, so he doesn't mind adding more dates. Lesnar wasn't even that big of a star when he was in WWE originally. He was never the main man. The situation between the Rock and Lesnar are different.

If anything, I'm going back on myself and you're backing my point up. Let me get back on track. Yeah, Rock was always going to do big numbers so long as awareness was there. I'm not sure how many MMA fans are going to buy Lesnar's PPVs. I don't know much about MMA, so I'd be interested in an informed opinion. And Brock hasn't been in WWE in 8 years, so they really need to make him a big deal in the fans' eyes. I think Sunday was a good start. But that backs my initial point that they don't have time to fuck around for 12 months with him, especially if there's any uncertainty about whether he could walk out or hold up for more money before a big match.

The 18 months of storyline in 1 day thing doesn't really apply to this in my mind.

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

In the space of 24 hours he went front an unstoppable monster who was going to take over Raw to losing to John Cena, feuding with Triple H and taking time off until June/July. I think thats what he was getting at. The vision most people had in their heads as Extreme Rules went off the air (Cena was going to take time off, Lesnar was going to start murdering people out of anger etc) wasn't the same thing as what happened on Raw. You could forgive a regular viewer if they thought there was a massive change in direction.

Personally, I couldn't care less, but I get what he's talking about. The Triple H involvement and the sudden Johnny Ace vs John Cena storyline seemed very out of the blue.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

OOPS!

Fucking hell, what a fiasco! Sorry about that.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Oh, I listened to the post Extreme Rules show. I can forgive them more if that's what they meant after the Raw show though. I would have liked to have seen something of more consequence after Cena's promo

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived