WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because that's what I demanded wasn't it?

Yes. In the same way that everybody who mocks your original-as-sin "he should turn on the gimmick and be a monster heel, just let him wrestle" nonsense is demanding Female voiced intro -> Music -> Dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> Trousers off / Pyro hit -> 20 second match -> More dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> commercial.

Past records?

They did alright booking Hogan all them years ago.

Stone Cold faired ok too IIRC.

Mind you they did fuck up the necessary Raven push! So you may have a point.

Your right there. But that was under a different booking culture. They didn't have a team of 25 writers and an owner who changes his mind every 2 days. All those examples I gace where when Steph took charge. Not everything they have done has been bad, infact alot has been good. But they don't have a great track record over the last ten years and the decreasing numbers bear that out!

Fantastic show. I dozed off during Jericho vs. Punk and woke up with Cena standing in the ring with the mic in his hand and blood all over his face. Luckily that wasn't enough to tell me he'd won, so I went back and watched what I missed. Great stuff.

Brodus Clay is shit, outside of the entrance he shows no charisma or character from my point of view. It feels like he's a generic dullard with a tacked on character he never does anything with once the match starts.

The main brought a tear to my japs eye, it was wonderful.

Brodus has a lame ass gimmick, adding hornswoggle to the mix, just makes his character much more worse than it all ready is.

• Paid Members
Brodus Clay is shit, outside of the entrance he shows no charisma or character from my point of view. It feels like he's a generic dullard with a tacked on character he never does anything with once the match starts.

The main brought a tear to my japs eye, it was wonderful.

Brodus has a lame ass gimmick, adding hornswoggle to the mix, just makes his character much more worse than it all ready is.

I'd say you're wrong.

He has a good gimmick but he is just shit at working it in my view.

• Paid Members
Because that's what I demanded wasn't it?

Yes. In the same way that everybody who mocks your original-as-sin "he should turn on the gimmick and be a monster heel, just let him wrestle" nonsense is demanding Female voiced intro -> Music -> Dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> Trousers off / Pyro hit -> 20 second match -> More dancing incorporating T-Rex Claw shape/angle/move -> commercial.

Or as I'm thinking, have him hang around with the goofs, let Hornswoggle dance about with him, let Santino hide behind his shadow. Hell off the back of the Ryder/Kane assault from the PPV let Brodus be the one to help seek out the retribution. Build it up, Let the fans believe he's a carefree, fun loving guy who likes to dance like a twat. Then...

BAM!

One big fucking Dominator to Hornswoggle, that destroys the little prick. A turn on his dancers, intimidating them from the ring with rope kicking and 'Out my ring bitches' lines and a simple 'Run VT' line.

Commence the original 'Brodus is coming videos' before he debuted.

Then promo along the lines of 'That's what I am, what you see is what I was forced to be by you ignorami. It's what I had to do to even get in front of your pitiful eyes week after week, what you've forced me to be, to do what I love, has forced me to do what you see before you. I was never in this for you, I was in this for me, and enough is enough!"

Have a short feud with Ryder, obliterate him. With the underlying issue being Santino being next, for his belt.

Have another feud with Santino and obliterate him too.

And by obliterate I mean solid mid-card 3-7 minute matches, not Goldberg-esque, but Vader-esque. Rather than the fun loving 'my bads' go sadistic and word it differently to an unforgiving 'my bad'

It's a big fuck off heel that actually has the crowd wanting him beat, he broke their hearts to a degree, he crippled their fave midget, he smashed the fuck out of the man he helped avenge Kane, he let the US Champ believe he was a friend then smashed his whole frame into the canvas without any care in doing so. It's a heel turn waiting to happen, and one that would mean more than just 'Here's a ex-WWE guy who went to Japan, look he's got Jap writing on his bonce and talks their lingo too, he uses mist, he must be bad!" It has depth to it.

I'm not looking for man walks to ring - smashes fuck out of folk - leaves ring. I'm looking at the situation he's in and how he could use that to be a credible heel in the future, before the dancing makes him out to be the Scotty-Too-Hotty to Zach Ryder's Brian Christopher.

Finally got to see both Punk/Jericho and Lesnar/Cena.

Punk and Jericho was quite fun, to me it felt something like the way i felt when watching Test and Shane McMahon. The two had some awkard spots but overall I thought it was very good and a great finish. Fantastic stuff.

Then I saw Lesnar and Cena. I read reports about how good it was, but I didn't realise how brutal it is. The opening seconds when Lesnar's grating away at Cena's head made me cringe. But it was a great match. Cena was very sympathetic getting the shit kicked out of him and Lesnar looked like a bullying nut job. The finish looked great to me.

I simply can't complain about the result. I'm no Cena fan but this felt and was a very emotion driven match. Both men looked fantastic and it just felt so big and brutal, very different to what you feel in most mainstream WWE match. Excellent stuff.

bit late to the party but I thought this was a fantastic PPV. Extreme Rules as a pay per view always seems to deliver!

Kane vs Randy Orton was really good fun, the best match they've had probably and its a decent way to end the feud.

Brodus Clay vs Dolph Ziggler - the only negative on this night, I like Brodus, I really do but Dolphs too good to be losing to him, Dolph is an Upper Midcard guy and Brodus is a LowerCard sideshow. Its not right.

Cody Rhodes vs The Big Show - I really liked this, I'd have liked the match to go a little longer but ah well. Cracking finish, very original and anyone who didn't like it got to see some good old fashioned table destruction after! Glad the IC Title is back on Cody.

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan - A fucking classic. Not to GO ON about it but Wrestlemania would have been ten times better had we seen something like this. Nonetheless they delivered, and proceded to batter the crap out of each other and made themselves look like stars in the process (something which the 'mania match did not)

Ryback vs 2 Blokes - Yeah, he muderised them. I'd pay money, lots of money to see Ryback do that to The Great Khali (who watched on the screen in the back). I think its time to end the random people squashes and 'feed him more' by moving him on the the lower guys on the roster.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho - I'm really glad this is done. They went out with a bang in fairness to them, great brawl, nice touch of street clothes and they really went for it. Top notch. I wonder if this is the end of Jericho?

Layla vs Nikki/Brie Bella - I got way too excited for Layla. It was okay. I'm not fussed about the result.

Brock Lesnar vs John Cena - fantastic, a great match full of suspense and drama. Loads of dodgy things happened like the ref bumps but it all made sense and it felt like the attitude era where anything was possible and could happen within the match. I liked the result actually it felt right in terms of whats happened in the feud so far. Brocks constantly been the better of Cena so for Cena to get the win is good in my book. I don't know what either of them are gonna do now, but you'lll bet your ass I'm tuning into Raw to see the fallout and that is the mark of a top notch PPV.

Also, Booker T was on fine form as was the crowd who were red hot from start to finish! Lucky Chicago has had 2 of the best PPV's within a year!

In one night, WWE created it's most vicious character in a good while. Brock Lesnar looked like an absolute killer. Cena didn't take many moves to beat him, but the main ones he used were a chain assisted right hand and the AA on the steps. Those are two MASSIVE moves and you can see them putting someone away. If anything, it came across as a bit of a fluke to me, and Brock can say that he just made a mistake through rust. It happens. Either way, Brock Lesnar is now a more vicious guy than he ever was in his 2004 run.

The match itself is what wrestling is about for me. The first minutes were just surreal. Loads of blood and just a pure beating from Brock and I was just sitting there thinking "this is fucking mental". I was REALLY behind Cena all the way, and when Brock jumped into that right hand, I nearly came off my seat. The whole match was dramatic as hell as Brock just toyed with and brutalized Cena and enjoyed every second, and everything down to the look on Brock's face just screamed intensity. What a joy.

Don't have much to say that hasn't been said. Sheamus/Bryan had the match we all that they would. Wasn't all that impressed by Punk/Jericho though. They had a good final stretch to the match, but the majority of it was a bit naff.

I missed the Punk/Jericho match live because I ended up re-reading the Midas Touch thread instead. When watching it today, I just didn't care half as much due to the drama of the Main Event. Regret that a bit now, because people talking it up as a 1998 Attitude main event throwback make it sound a shitload more fun than the Mania match.

Extreme Rules "did a Backlash" for me this year and was way better than Wrestlemania.

It was a jam-packed show from start to finish and it seemed really light on backstage shit and boring promos/segments. They also did me a big personal favour by putting all the crud on first. Once that first hour was up, the rest was fucking steaksauce.

I know a lot of people like all the showbiz/celebs/skits at Wrestlemania, but for me this was a far more interesting 3 hours. It just felt like a proper, solid wrestling show. No shitty songs ruining entrances or fucking P-Diddy, just Brock Lesnar becoming the scariest man on the planet and giving me my favourite Cena match ever.

Backed up with the very, very good Bryan/Sheamus match and a highly enjoyable Jericho/Punk fight, this was probably my favourite PPV since Money In The Bank.

I was completely fine with the finish to Brock/Cena. It made sense on the night and felt right. Objectively I don't know if a loss for Brock in his return was the greatest business move, but purely as a fan it makes no difference to me at all. He fucking murderized Cena and came out looking like a total psycho killer.

The biggest positive is that Brock went out there and put Cena over in his return match, and sold like a Champ after the loss, so it looks like Brock is up for "doing some business". Good news! If his attitude is right this could be an amazing year.

• Paid Members
honestly iam a huge brock fan,and i fuckin hate cena with a passion,but in this case your 100% right....brock was out of line,half the things he was doing were real shots...how can wwe trust him in the ring with there superstars.Brock is a professional,he should kno the difference btwn pro wrestling and mma....ken shamrock did it with no problem smh at brock...something needs to be done about this

Just copied that from youtube.

Im yet to see it but that looks like they have made people sit up and take notice.

My thoughts through out that match was whether Lesner was shooting on Cena because the whole thing look brutal and Cena's never sold so well!

Loved everything about the main event, except the result which I thought was fucking stupid.

Anyone who says the result doesn't matter is ignoring WWE's long history of ruining sure-things for business by poor booking.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. There was money in stretching out Cena's quest to beat Lesnar. That's now gone. There was money in Brock being a dominant unstoppable unbeatable force on his way to winning the WWE title or facing Undertaker for the streak (streak vs streak?). That's now gone.

It's a match finish that was the single one thing that shouldn't have happened and it did.

It's not being a negative nelly saying all this. The match itself was great. They may take Lesnar on to bigger and better thing - emphasis on the 'may'. But they've lost three things as outlined above with that match result. It's disappointing.

I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong, cos it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I am gonna pity you, because watching that match was one of the best half hours I've spent since WrestleMania and the stuff Cena was sayin after added so much to that. I'm not waiting up to catch some of Raw in the hope of seeing what's next. You see if WWE can put on a solid show with solid matches like Lesner/Cena then in itself is an excellent reason to tune in again. I'd rather enjoy the moment than worry about whether they've screwed up the next PPV.

I will add this final thought though, anyone who thinks Cena beat Lesner is sorely mistaken, Cena won the match, but he certainly didn't beat Lesner.

Archived