WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why don't you relax and see what happens? Why not let yourself get immersed in the story? Do you always moan about what direction a movie goes? I honestly don't understand some people. I realise we're on a WRESTLING forum so for the most part people are going to analyze shit to within an inch of its life but when it comes to storylines and whatnot, just chill. People are genuinely annoyed that Cena won? Get a fucking grip.

I mostly agree with this. I don't mind people questioning the decision and picking it apart because it is indeed a wrestling forum and it's what happens, but if you're one of the people who genuinely had their enjoyment of the match spoiled because Cena won then I feel sorry for you.

My usual source for WWE PPV events accidental spoiled the main event for me as the thumbnail image for the video showed Cena had won the match. So kinda gutted as from what I read here sounded a good match.

• Paid Members

honestly iam a huge brock fan,and i fuckin hate cena with a passion,but in this case your 100% right....brock was out of line,half the things he was doing were real shots...how can wwe trust him in the ring with there superstars.Brock is a professional,he should kno the difference btwn pro wrestling and mma....ken shamrock did it with no problem smh at brock...something needs to be done about this

Just copied that from youtube.

Im yet to see it but that looks like they have made people sit up and take notice.

There probably aren't enough words to describe all the kinds of awesome that Lesnar Vs Cena was. Not wanting to sound like one of those "PG sucks" mongs but the addition of blood was a cracking little touch to the match.It really added a sense of drama and belief that Lesnar might actually kill Cena out there.A brillaint match,this will take some topping as far as match of the year goes.Bit baffled by the speach afterwards but i'm assuming we'll find out what taht was all about tonight.

Bryan Vs Sheamus was a fantastic match aswell.Bryan is brilliant at pretty much everything he does.Jericho Vs Punk was a really good match aswell.They were on quite a roll last night.

The undercard was pretty decent aswell.Kane and Orton was much better than I thought it would be.Saying that this really should be last match in their feud.

Was a little disappointed that Kharma wasn't the mystery opponent last night although it was top to have Layla back.Am I right in thinking that the Bellas contract expires today?Mabye there's a chance Kharma will turn up on Raw and smash The Bellas.

Anyways,a fantastic PPV overall.

The main event was brilliant. First match I've seen in ages where I was actually getting drawn fully into it. Such a rarity in pro wrestling these days, and it was unbelievable to have that feeling again.

I was joking in chat about how this was going to be a shoot fight, but it really did turn into something that had that feeling to it. The elbows to start the match were fucking brutal. The knees were fucking brutal. I really thought that they were going to stop the match because it got out of hand.

Some parts were a bit contrived, the second ref bump in particular, but no issues with the result what so ever. Cena totally won that crowd over. TOTALLY. That's fucking impressive when the crowd was a bunch of utter idiots.

Cena's promo after the match also cemented the "shoot" feeling of the match. I believed that Cena was actually injured. That he wasn't expecting the match to be that real. That him saying things like "my boss won't like this" made it seem like a total "this match was fucked up" thing.

Here's the point though:

- I don't care if it was all a work

- I don't care if they both bladed

- The result is meaningless. Both Cena and Brock looked good coming out of it.

Anyone who cares about the above 3 things is an idiot.

The above is pretty much everything I'm feeling having just watched the match. I can't remember the last time a wrestling match felt so real. At times I genuinely feared for Cena's safety. Cena has never looked so vulnerable and for the first time ever I started feeling sympathy for him. Judging by the overwhelming support for him at the end of the match I wasn't the only one feeling that way for the first time. In a sense Cena the character became Cena the person, even if only for the one night. Huge props have to go to Lesnar for playing his part to absolute perfection too. He came out of that match looking like one scary, scary individual. The loss meant nothing.

Brock flying over the top rope was one of the few 'heart-in-mouth' moments in wrestling I've witnessed for quite some time. Incredible effort from both men, and incredible story-telling, which is what I tune in for.

When I saw this happen and him tumble over the rope and grab the knee, I thought "Fuck, this is WM19 all over again"; I thought everyone did a good job of spinning it that here was this crazy monster preparing to kamikaze to steamroll Cena. When Brock jumped up, shaking it off and grinning like a maniac, I was like "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet".

That main event was just out of control and you really didn't know what was going to happen next. It may have been here that I said a while ago about how on rewatch, PPV main events from 2000 seemed to have the factor that they were built to and absolute mayhem could occur, and this main definitely had that, with the attempted stoppages, ref bumps, blood and Cena selling (plus not knowing whether Brock would be used in the next few weeks).

Loved everything about the main event, except the result which I thought was fucking stupid.

Anyone who says the result doesn't matter is ignoring WWE's long history of ruining sure-things for business by poor booking.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. There was money in stretching out Cena's quest to beat Lesnar. That's now gone. There was money in Brock being a dominant unstoppable unbeatable force on his way to winning the WWE title or facing Undertaker for the streak (streak vs streak?). That's now gone.

It's a match finish that was the single one thing that shouldn't have happened and it did.

It's not being a negative nelly saying all this. The match itself was great. They may take Lesnar on to bigger and better thing - emphasis on the 'may'. But they've lost three things as outlined above with that match result. It's disappointing.

Loved everything about the main event, except the result which I thought was fucking stupid.

Anyone who says the result doesn't matter is ignoring WWE's long history of ruining sure-things for business by poor booking.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. There was money in stretching out Cena's quest to beat Lesnar. That's now gone. There was money in Brock being a dominant unstoppable unbeatable force on his way to winning the WWE title or facing Undertaker for the streak (streak vs streak?). That's now gone.

It's a match finish that was the single one thing that shouldn't have happened and it did.

It's not being a negative nelly saying all this. The match itself was great. They may take Lesnar on to bigger and better thing - emphasis on the 'may'. But they've lost three things as outlined above with that match result. It's disappointing.

Really? In what way was last night not good for business? The match was phenomenal and the finish made sense. Brock got smashed full on with a metal chain. I think people are too quick on the uptake in saying WWE have booked it wrong, they'll have a good plan going forward i'm sure.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. .

Brock Lesnar being undefeated went out the window the instant he lost the WWE Championship in 2002! They can't just have him back and promote him as being undefeated whilst also saying how he's a former 3 time champion etc. "Undefeated, apart from those times he was defeated for the championship..."

If he returned to UFC, his record won't be reset to 0-0, so why should his WWE record be reset? Especially when he's been brought back to "Legitimize" the company.

Really? In what way was last night not good for business? The match was phenomenal and the finish made sense. Brock got smashed full on with a metal chain. I think people are too quick on the uptake in saying WWE have booked it wrong, they'll have a good plan going forward i'm sure.

Really? In the same way they had a red hot CM Punk take a power bomb off Kevin Nash at Summerslam, then job to Triple H last Autumn? And that's just a recent example.

Lesnar losing was not good for business because they lost the three things I stated.

It's not being too quick on the uptake, it's remembering years and years and years of fucked up WWE booking and drawing the blatantly obvious comparisons.

There was money in Brock being undefeated. That is now gone. .

Brock Lesnar being undefeated went out the window the instant he lost the WWE Championship in 2002! They can't just have him back and promote him as being undefeated whilst also saying how he's a former 3 time champion etc. "Undefeated, apart from those times he was defeated for the championship..."

If he returned to UFC, his record won't be reset to 0-0, so why should his WWE record be reset? Especially when he's been brought back to "Legitimize" the company.

An unstoppable force, undefeated after 8 years away.

The little Cena fans weren't even alive the last time Lesnar lost in WWE, he'd be undefeated to them, the target audience. WWE rewrites history all the time, they won't even mention Lord Tensai's former ring name on air.

Archived