Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

Onyx is nearly a year now and is the absolute best boy. Here he is yesterday looking like butter wouldn't melt.

spacer.png

Then he waged war on Nova for the day (she was just as bad) before a truce was called. I say a truce, they were both just scrounging for food. 

spacer.png

He is looking at her bowl of Dreamies here. He ate two packs. She was not best pleased.

Uh oh. We went and did something stupid. 

Meet (currently) Astro, our new German Shepherd puppy. My 7yo has been completely obsessed with them since she was very young.

You should see her at the moment, I don't think I've ever seen someone love something so much. It's so sweet.

Onyx is absolutely beside himself, and is just doing laps of the house, bless him. 

That now makes 2x dogs, 1x cat, 2x rats and 1x chameleon between the two houses. Ffs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So today sucks. Our family cat, Shimizu (or Shimi for short), has always had health problems, and she was getting quite crotchety in her old age (16 years old), but she'd been deteriorating over the past few weeks. She'd basically been living with a feline form of lymphoma for the past few years, and we regularly took her to the vets for check-ups, chemo meds, and various things to keep her on an even keel, and, dare I say, happy.

Over the past two days, her health just went off a cliff, sleeping continually, refusing to eat and drink. 

Early this afternoon, we had to have the vet come round for a house call - Shimi always got stressed at the clinic, and we wouldn't have been able to get her into her travelling box anyway, she was that weak. The vet examined her, and told us she was in the later stages of heart disease, and was probably not going to last the week, so we made the decision.

Thankfully, the process was peaceful, and Shimi got to move on quietly in her home, surrounded by people who loved her.

(God - I thought I'd got over the worst of this, but I am now a fucking wreck as I type this. I can barely see the screen.)

I remember when we first got her as a kitten in Christmas 2004. I posted pics of her on here - I remember bispham_seasider demanding I hand her over! She's gone by all sorts of names over the years (like most people's pets) - Puddum, Bubbeleh, Shimoo, Little Fatty, Fatbum, FATMSCH From The Local Authority.

Anyway, my little sister (who's been the most dedicated in looking after Shimi, and who was in an even worse state) and I cracked open a bottle of Writer's Tears whiskey that I'd been saving for when lockdown ended. I'd rather it had been for that happy reason, but our puddum deserved no less. 

RIP Shimizu.

DSCF0090.thumb.JPG.666050848ec5eccc8f062d0d57ee0b2d.JPG

DSCF0092.thumb.JPG.dc62b69d46e6657026cd9e3d2e46c23d.JPGDSCF0089.thumb.JPG.4a13bf4b50ba357fabf9bbef5f512749.JPG

DSCF0094.thumb.JPG.a7fb9a53f5108eba148a108d21572600.JPG

IMG-20191024-WA0006.thumb.jpg.cb6a0f811a9a7ab1e09b7579bf927cdf.jpgIMG_20191111_180023.thumb.jpg.8975e3e8feabe9e660426f3d093e435b.jpg

And one of my favourites - Shimi and my sister's album cover:

IMG-20191025-WA0003.thumb.jpg.0a6d1dc72a73b2c11099cc154e725bb5.jpg

Edited by Carbomb