Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again as I’m old and we tend to repeat ourselves a lot.  There are few things on the Interweb that bring me as much joy as this thread.

• Paid Members

I've not seen Dog Link for ages. He looks so happy. Is he a little less chewy nowadays? 

Just got this one of Sapphire. She turns 1 in July. 

IMG_20210531_233953.jpg

I get more excited for pet birthdays than most human ones. 

This isn't technically a pet, but this seemed like the best thread to ask. I keep seeing these birds at work. They're really friendly and I'm a bit obsessed with them. I spend more time following them around than working. I'm not much of an authority on birds though and have no idea what species it is. Hoping the big brains of the ukff can help me identify it.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, lars85 said:

Forgot to post the picture.

Screenshot_20210601-190447~2

My mum would probably know. I'll fire it to her and see whether she can tell me. 

EDIT: Mama Jazzy thinks it may be some kind of lapwing. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

9 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Based on the beak thats an oystercatcher I believe! We get them occasionally at work too but I think they are pretty rare. Is there a lake near your office or even the sea?

Just did a quick bit of reading up about oystercatchers, seems like a good shout. I reckon you've cracked it. I work on a holiday park, about a mile from the sea, with a river running behind, and the start of the Norfolk broads out the front. So that would make sense. Cheers for solving that mystery.

• Paid Members

I was busy working the other day and suddenly thought, “I can smell pee?” Looked around and saw my cat, sitting like a frog, pissing in my flip flop. It’s a good job it had indentations of my feet because he filled it to the brim. No idea why he decided he didn’t feel like going outside (it was sunny, the patio door was open) but he seemed to be enjoying himself.

16B8ED07-73C2-4DEE-A7EB-B84CFDF3DD20.thumb.jpeg.efac4e4761afed54ce05e93d1e13a8b7.jpeg