NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

My goodness, Bate VS Gallagher was an absolute doozy. I loved it, a proper throwback to the Steve Greys and Johnny Saints, but with a fast-paced modern style finish to cap it all off. Absolutely tremendous match, I love the pair of them. The commentators doing a great job selling the Jim Breaks Special as a legitimate tough hold, coupled with the crowd's natural 'OOOOHHH' reaction to the move is a joy to behold.

Drew looked great again. Almas too, and I don't think losses are hurting him that much- well not when you have the little skits afterwards like this week with him going out partying.

Really enjoyed the Black match from start to finish and I'm really getting behind him now. I wasn't sure the first time I saw him (UK Championship tourney VS Neville), but he definitely piques my interest.

Really enjoyable episode. I'm becoming more invested in NXT than I have in about a year or so. Looks like I won't be cancelling the network after all, especially with the UK show coming soon.

The entrance for Black is great, but I'm not digging his matches so far. There's not been a whole lot to go on admittedly and having not seen anything of him from PROGRESSĀ all I have to go on is the match from the UK tournament, which I didn't think of him then, the match from Takeover which again didn't do much for me and two squash matches. I'm not writing him off yet and my opinion could change once he gets into whatever his first feud is, but I'm not sure who that'll end up being against. What was really noticeable though, during Kona Reeves entrance- if your not from the Internet you really don't get any sort of reaction at all, do you?

The crowd were deathly silent during that Riot/Cross interaction to begin with, but what really irked me was the commentators. "The referees can't contain these two!" as the referees finish containing the situationĀ and take one of them away. It's a minor thing I know, but it's just so daft.

and wheres my boy Dylan Miley gone?

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What was really noticeable though, during Kona Reeves entrance- if your not from the Internet you really don't get any sort of reaction at all, do you?

Ā 

I don't think that's necessarily an internet thing though in this instance, nobody knows or has any reason to care for Kona Reeves so far. He's done a couple of squash matches and that's it. If Tim Horner had an entrance during the late 80s, you'd hear crickets for him as well.

Yeah admittedly he hasn't had a whole lot of TV time,Ā but he has been working the local NXT shows around Florida for 2 years. It begs the question of how many of the Full Sail freeloaders actually go to the other local shows, or do they just got to the TV tapings because that's where their chants will get heard. Which I think is the main problem with NXT as a whole. It's still meant to be the developmental system, not a Smarks dream fed. Without that TV time, of which there is so little, theĀ guys that they're building from the ground up arn't getting that value blue experience of working a TV show environment

Ugh I'm probably in the minority but I hate how they are booking Asuka. It's like they want her to be a heel but are afraid to actually promote her like one. It's been irritating me for as far back as the Bayley feud but now it's really starting to grate.

Guess those masks must be selling pretty well.

Like Loki said last page they should just call her up undefeated because imo there is much more mileage in an undefeated superstar moving up, and no one on the current NXT roster is worth the win imo and probably wouldn't get much out of it anyway.

The Empress Vs. The Queen on SmackDown pretty much books itself. Heck I would be cool with them finding a way to shenanigan all three belts onto Asuka for a while.

Probably stating the obvious here, but if Asuka's defending the title in a battle royal then I guess that's how they get it off her while still being able to call her undefeated.

4 hours ago, Slapnut said:

In all honesty, if I lived in Orlando I doubt I'd go to the house shows if they taped TV on my doorstep.

Do they actually charge for tickets for the tapings?

Yes they do (although it's pretty cheap compared to Takeover at an arena), and yeh is WyattSheepMask annoyed because people who live in Orlando only go to the shows in Orlando and don't make the 5 hour round trip to St Petersberg?

Edited by The Dart

Regarding Asuka; I don't watch the main shows, but I gather she's had the odd appearance on one or other of the brands (I hate that fucking word). Am I right in thinking she's the oldest, female wrestler there & whilst obviously it shouldn't, would that count against her in WWE world? Kana was pretty much TV-ready when she arrived, barring the language barrier. She looks great, has charisma & is a legit' ass-kicker.

Are there any females on the main rosters who you'd consider could legitimately give her a match? I don't know what level Becky Lynch and the likes are at. I don't see how you turn Asuka heel, unless there's an angle with someone that's super-over. There's nothing really to dislike about her or cry about. They could have done it with Bayley in NXT. After she was beaten, I'd have had her disappear for a while, cut some angry promo's & return as 'Dark Bailey', a sort of WCW Sting-esque character, appearing in the crowd & such-like. Setting up a clash between Dark Bailey and Clown Kana...

6c2789545684429.jpg

...with Bailey triumphing and returning to her lovable self.

In a round about way, I'm asking if you think WWE would want to invest in her in the long-term & how her style fits into the whole diva thing, particularly with her age in mind? Many Japanese female wrestlers retire young and I can think of few if any over the age of 35, that have improved as performers or enhanced their legacy as a result of continuing. I can think of many cases where the opposite has in fact been true. Not a matter of me being sexist or ageist, simply stating fact.

Edited by KingofSports